Rule Engine completely stopped working

Hi there,

i just got an huge problem with my oH 1.8.3 installation.
I tried to work on one rule and did a mistake with an while…
So the while started firing logInfo for some seconds and created a ton of log entries.
I changed the rule and it stopped.
After that i did an restart of the oH service.

And now my oH won´t start any rule…
The last info on my log is this:

2017-05-27 21:31:49.726 [INFO ] [.model.script.RuleAlarmMichael] - Alarmanlage wird ausgeschaltet, Michael ist jetzt anwesend.
2017-05-27 21:31:49.735 [INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'AlarmMichael.rules'
2017-05-27 21:31:49.735 [ERROR] [o.o.c.s.ScriptExecutionThread ] - Error during the execution of rule 'Alarmanlage abschalten - Michael': The name '<unkown>' cannot be resolved to an item or type.

The first line is the logInfo that was firing for some seconds, then i changed the rule and the last line appeared in my logs.

After a service restart or even restarting the Pi, i don´t get any errors in my log and it seems that oH is loading all rules…

Any ideas where to look and what to check?


Just to be sure.
The rule executed an sendCommand and not only the logInfo.

  logInfo("RuleAlarmJohanna", "Alarmanlage wird ausgeschaltet, Johanna ist jetzt anwesend.")
  sendCommand(itmAlarmanlage, "OPEN")

Could it be that i crashed something with this huge amount of sendCommand to my Dummy item itmAlarmanlage?
This item only gots changed from rules and isn´t an physical devices.

And now i got the following message when restarting the service:

2017-05-27 23:35:06.953 [WARN ] [j.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool] - 1 threads could not be stopped


Sounds like that rule file contains an error. Rename the file to xxx.zzz or something, see that OH then restarts normally.

I had some time today and tried a few things!

I started with copying all my rules to another folder and deleted the original rules in the oH folder.

Then i copied one rule back to oH and did a test.
The rule works fine!

After that i tried to copy some more rules back to oH and it still worked.
But when i put back my new rule, oH stopped executing rules without that this new rule got triggered!
Finally i removed all items and sitemap connections that were used in this new rule.
After some tries i finally got oH running again!

The new rule is now changed, doesn’t create a loop and is working fine.

My Rule Engine stopped working again.
Everything worked fine until today…

I already tried to remove some rules but oH still don´t get triggered…