Rule sometimes not triggered from Astro binding

Hey all,
I’ve already read a few threads about astro & rule triggers. I do experience some quirks as well that rules are not being triggered properly. This is how I’m affected:

I do have astro binding sunset Switches like the below:

Switch      EG_Blinds_Close_Event    {astro="planet=sun, type=set, property=end, offset=1"}

Then I have a rule that closes the blinds at that point in time.

rule "OG Rolläden Abend"
when
    Item OG_Blinds_Close_Event received update ON
then
	logInfo("OG Rollaeden", "Abend Stellung für alle OG Rollaeden")
	sendCommand(og_rollaeden, 2)
end

I can see the item change in events.log, but the corresponding logInfo that the rule is triggred does not apprear.

2015-09-12 19:54:00 - OG_Blinds_Close_Event state updated to ON
2015-09-12 19:54:00 - OG_Blinds_Close_Event state updated to OFF

One minute later, I do have a second rule based on Astro, that turns on the lights after the blinds are closed which is exectud properly.
item:

Switch      EG_Lights_On_Event        {astro="planet=sun, type=set, property=end, offset=2"}

rule:

rule "OG Lichter an"
when
    Item OG_Lights_On_Event received update ON
then
    logInfo("OG Lampen", "Schalte OG Lampen an")
	gOG_Lichter?.members.forEach(light,i|createTimer(now.plusSeconds(i)) [|sendCommand(light, ON)])
end

events.log & openhab.log

2015-09-12 19:55:00 - OG_Lights_On_Event state updated to ON
2015-09-12 19:55:00 - OG_Lights_On_Event state updated to OFF
2015-09-12 19:55:00.026 [INFO ] [openhab.model.script.OG Lampen] - Schalte OG Lampen an

Something is preventing Openhab to execute the rule. I dont think its a hardware issue, since its a Core i5 server with 12GB main memory runnung Ubuntu Server.

Any ideas how to get to the bottom of this?
Thanks much.

Hey Markus,
thanks for your reply.
I just recently updated to 1.7.1 coming from 1.7.0. With 1.7.0 I havent seen those quirks.
The german umlauts shouldn’t be a problem. They used to work all the time. And also do work at other points in time when the rule gets exectuted. Its not that the rule doesnt work at all. It sometimes does, sometimes dont.
But to be on the safe side, I’m going to test without the umlauts.

In regards to logging: Can I only run the rule part of OH in debug mode? Ideally I dont want to run everything in DEBUG.
Do you have any documentation you can point me at?
Thanks much.

Thanks for info,
With that info I was able to see at least a difference between a rule that got ignored and one that executed properly.
Today the Blinds in basement didn’t go down by rule, but the one on first floor did.

not executed:

2015-09-14 19:47:00.002 [DEBUG] [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell   ] - Calling execute on job Astro.EG_Blinds_Close_Event

executed:

2015-09-14 19:49:00.000 [DEBUG] [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell   ] - Calling execute on job Astro.OG_Blinds_Close_Event
2015-09-14 19:49:00.017 [INFO ] [nhab.model.script.OG Rollaeden] - Abend Stellung fuer alle OG Rollaeden

Seems like the rule does not get exectued at all.
I’m downgrading to 1.7.0 now and check if the problem persists there as well.

Hey,
I’ve downgraded from 1.7.1 to 1.7.0 and all my rules are executed properly. I’ve tested for the last 48h and all is running smooth.
When searching issues at Github I stumbled upon an existing issue that correlates with my symptoms. Issue 2692
Thanks