Samsung AC binding cannot find IP/mac from Air conditioner

Hello everybody.
This is my first post … I am a bit excited…:slight_smile:
I am in a trouble with SamsungAC binding.
Let me say that I did successfully install the Binding just 6 month ago on a ubuntu 18 version, I was able to start OH in debug mode, retrieve ip and MAC of my Conditioner and make it work well.
Now I performed a new installation on Ubuntu 20 as I lost my original hd but I cannot do the binding .
The binding does not appear in the configuration->binding menù and even the command
java -cp ./org.openhab.binding.samsungac-1.14.0.jar org.openhab.binding.samsungac.internal.SsdpDiscovery does not work.
The output is:
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory
at org.openhab.binding.samsungac.internal.SsdpDiscovery.(SsdpDiscovery.java:41)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.slf4j.LoggerFactory

I tried to add the slf4j jar files to the classpath in the comand line too but with no luky.
I found an download a older snapshot version of the binding and execute the following:
java -cp ./org.openhab.binding.samsungac_1.7.0.SNAPSHOT.jar org.binding.openhab.samsungac.communicator.SsdpDiscovery
with the result:

Sending multibroadcast to all possible network interfaces…
Broadcasting to /255.255.255.255
Retrieving response…
Response retrieved: {}
Broadcasting to /192.168.1.255
Retrieving response…
Response retrieved: {}

Got response from possible air conditioner(s):

and nothing more.
here the feature:list output
openhab-binding-samsungac1 │ 1.14.0 │ x │ Started │ openhab-addons-2.5.10 │ Samsung A/C Binding
so where I did a mistake?
Can someone help me to solve the issue? is there something I missed in the configuration of OH?
thank you for any suggestion !

I made a little progress here… even I am not sure I am going to the right direction :-/
as described here: http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder
I added slf4j-simple.jar to command line classpath and made the java command works with no errors (apparently) but no output is generated…
Maybe I should use the old 1.6 version as reported in the documentation example? where can I find it ?
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.