Samsung AirComditioner (2019) - Samsung Smart Things

Great, good to hear that it works now :slight_smile:

Here is the events.log output:

2022-09-05 08:40:24.982 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'SalonAC_Operation_Mode' received command quiet
2022-09-05 08:40:25.026 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'SalonAC_Operation_Mode' predicted to become quiet
2022-09-05 08:40:25.042 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'SalonAC_Operation_Mode' changed from off to quiet
2022-09-05 08:40:33.498 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'SalonAC_Operation_Mode' changed from quiet to off

I manually set ā€œquietā€ mode, but for some reason OpenHAB later changed it back from ā€œquietā€ to ā€œoffā€.

Hi everyone,
Has anyone managed to control the Samsung ACā€™s with the Apple iOS Home app using the Homekit Integration?
I would very much like to create an Air Conditioner tile in my iOS Home app that will be able to control the ACā€™s temperature, cool mode, fan speed, and the different operations modes within the same tile.
Is that possible?

Hi,

thanks for this great integration to OH3.
Its works for me so far.

But i have a Problem with the AC-API i think.
Maybe some else has this problem too.
If i set the AC to heating mode, after some time, the AC sets itself to Auto, and isnĀ“t heating as much as it should anymore.

2023-04-16 07:49:40.693 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Klima_VR_Betriebsart' received command heat
2023-04-16 07:49:40.695 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Klima_VR_Betriebsart' predicted to become heat
2023-04-16 07:49:41.830 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Klima_VR_Temp_Ist' changed from 22 to 23
2023-04-16 07:50:41.823 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Klima_VR_Betriebsart' changed from heat to auto
2023-04-16 07:50:41.825 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Klima_VR_Temp_Ist' changed from 23 to 24

Maybe i should set the temperatur to a higher value, but i never had that problem in the past, that the ac changes modes itself.
I have the problem since the ac is connected to the cloud and controlled by api.

Maybe you have an advice, altough iĀ“m sure that itĀ“s not an OH Problem, because i donĀ“t have any ā€œAutoā€-Mode in my config.

BR
Vaillan

Hi friends,
Iā€™ve been using two 2019 Samsung Windfree air conditioners for the past two years with OpenHAB and itā€™s been running great.
However, due to several reasons Iā€™m thinking of migrating away from OpenHAB to Home Assistant.
Before I go through the migration process that will require recreating the whole system, can anyone tell me if there is a similar way to control Samsung air conditioners on Home Assistant?
So far, Iā€™ve been using the HTTP binding to control them in OpenHAB, and Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s a similar or better way to achieve the same control on Home Assistant.
Hope someone can help :pray:

Youā€˜d better ask this in the HA community, not here.

1 Like

Hi friends,
My OpenHAB 4.1.1 system stopped controlling the Samsung ACā€™s I configured and controlled in the past three years with this binding.
Iā€™m not sure why this isnā€™t working anymore.
Has anyone else lost control of his ACā€™s lately?