I’m new here, but I’ve been using Openhab for a couple of years now ^^ I’m writing this post because I’m at my wits and I’m not sure what else to try. Sorry for the long wall of text, but it’s a couple months of work here. Please let me know if I forgot to add anything important - I’ll update it!
Long story short Openhab v2 used to find the TV (Samsung 55" model MU7005 ). For several reasons I reinstalled the binding a few times and the binding stopped picking up the TV.
First, my setup:
- Openhab v2.5.8 running on Docker; ( openhab/openhab:latest)
- Ubuntu Server 18.04; (Is hardware relevant? It’s an i7 4770k with 16 gigs of ram, all on an samsung 120gig ssd 840)
- TV connected via wi-fi (unifi AP);
- Unifi Aps are connected to an Asus router (RT-68U);
(If I’m missing anything please let me know!)
Things I’ve tried, after reading a whole truckload of other threads, everywhere I could find them:
- Reinstalled Binding several times;
- Fully wiped the tele (everything. including the dongle thingiemajig.)
- Checked the unifi controller, in case it was throwing a fit. Made sure upnp was on in both unifi controller and the router.
- Manually added Thing through Paper UI with correct IP and Mac address; Thing stays as “Not Found”;
- Manually added Thing through .thing file, same as above.
- Checked Binding Logs: Error samsung TV “Interface set as None” - I couldn’t find anything about this one, any hints?
- When I set the log into trace mode (with the thing added on the .thing file) I get constant information about the channels, but nothing about finding the TV…
- Added all related ports (50000, upnp) to the ubuntu firewall clearance;
- Turned off UFW on the server all together;
- Turned off Pihole (I know… I’m getting desperate here!)
- Deleted my docker image from the system and downloaded a new one; (I really don’t want to do this again… )
- Updated docker image from 2.5.4 to 2.5.8 just now - No change.
I’ve exausted all my knowledge and I don’t know what else to try outside of a system reinstall, which I also would rather not do…
Things I know:
- It worked until dumb ass me decided to unsintall and reinstall the binding a whole bunch of times;
- As soon as I installed Home Assistant (docker as well), it picks up the TV - this rules out any weirdness in my network, yes?
At this point the only other test I could do is to pick up an old laptop and install openhab on it to check if it finds the god damned tv but… I already know OpenHab used to find it. That would just prove what I already know - I have a problem somewhere.
Can anyone point me in another direction? Anything I may be missing?