Schlage zwave deadbolt BE469ZP discovered as unknown device

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efec5963b68> #<Tag:0x00007efec5963aa0> #<Tag:0x00007efec59639b0>

All,

I am trying to setup my Schlage smart deadbolt model# BE469ZP but every time I try to add it as a thing, it comes up as an unknown device. I can see the properties of the device listed as below but no channels. I have tried removing/excluding the device and re adding it from Habmin and Zway server as well. When I exclude and include the device from Z-way server, I can see that it identifies the device as Schlage BE469ZP, but when I include it from PaperUI or Habmin, it only comes up as an unknown device. I have tried excluding the device multiple times making sure I start clean but OH cannot seem to identify it as a deadbolt.
I am using the enroll button on the inside of the deadbolt to include/exclude the device. When it is detected by Zway server, it asks for S2 access authentication and I enter the DSK code and the authentication is successful. This does not seem to happen when I include the device from OH or Habmin and I am assuming this may be the problem. I have looked at previous questions and most of the solutions were around upgrading to the latest binding, but I am already at 2.5.3 version of zwave.
Any suggestions on how to proceed. Appreciate your help.

Properties:
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_KEYPAD_DOOR_LOCK
zwave_frequent true
zwave_lastheal 2020-04-12T01:34:22Z
zwave_listening false
zwave_neighbours 1,2,3,4
zwave_nodeid 10
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_SLEEPING_LISTENING
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 0.0

Here is my setup:
Platform: Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB)
OH Version: 2.5.3-1
ZWave binding version - 2.5.3
ZWave Controller - Razberry

PS: I am already following basic zwave practices : my device is placed within 3 feet of the controller, I started withe excluding the device first, have other zwave devices that work fine.

Try excluding and then hard resetting the lock.

Thanks Scott. Hard resetting the lock and then including from Habmin worked. I can see the channels now.

1 Like