Scripting languages missing from UI rule editor

Hello,

I am new to OpenHAB, looking very solid so far. :+1: As I am trying to create the first non-trivial rules I hit my first snag.

System details

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4B 4 GiB
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 16.0.1 2021-04-20, OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu16.30+15-CA (build 16.0.1+9), OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu16.30+15-CA (build 16.0.1+9, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0 (Build)

Issue

From this description I was under the impression that I would be given the choice between three scripting languages, as in this screenshot (sorry, the forum won’t let me embed it).

But unfortunately this is all I get:

I would be most grateful for any pointers as to what I might be doing wrong.

If I choose the Blocky option (the only available), I don’t think it’s supposed to look like this either?

That’s just a plain text editor window.

There is something significantly wrong. At a minimum you should have a choice between ECMAScript and Rule DSL after “or choose the scripting language”.

Look in the logs for errors. If there are none all I can suggest is to file an issue on openhab-webuis.

If you want to choose JavaScript as your language (aka ECMAScript) you can start ;coding in that text area. But you should see a bunch of blocks to choose from on the left. So there is definitely something significantly wrong with your install.

This could be the first thing. openHAB requires Java 11. Installation Overview | openHAB

1 Like

That sounds like a good place to start looking indeed. I misread the docs as calling for Java 11+

Thanks very much for the pointer, I will install Java 11 in the morning my time and report back. :+1:

@rlkoshak

You are a beast, sir! :hugs:

Many thanks indeed!