I’m at a bit of an impasse. Like so many people I want to perform presence detection and after reading a variety of different solutions, the one I’d like to use is to query my router for the presence of my phone. I don’t have a router that can run scripts like some have, but I can easily write a simple script which uses curl to check for connected devices and see if one of them is my iPhone.
The question now becomes, how do I integrate this with Openhab? I love rules and have several of them that do neat things, is there a way to access data outside Openhab?
- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: