sendCommand to an item not being executed to a thing(device)

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: raspberry 3
    • openHAB version: latest

I created rules to switch light brighness and color at certain times using cron. The rules were executed, but no change in brightness and color. The log of the action :

`
2019-06-24 19:05:04.389 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Ceiling_Bulb_Brightness’ received command 40

2019-06-24 19:05:04.400 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Ceiling_Bulb_Brightness predicted to become 100

2019-06-24 19:05:05.399 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Ceiling_Bulb_Color’ received command 50

2019-06-24 19:05:05.408 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Ceiling_Bulb_Color predicted to become 100
`
It received command to set brightness to 40% but then predicted it to become 100%?

Just a thought since you did not provide your item config.
You send a dimmer value 0% to 100% to a Color channel which in most cases consists of 3 Values knows as RGB example 255,0,0 (something like that).

Item ‘Ceiling_Bulb_Brightness’ received command 40

get’s called

Ceiling_Bulb_Brightness 

responds. Is your config correct?

edit:
Also your topic name is very undescriptive.
Command is very generic, device is also very generic and “not working” more like unexpected behavior.

The light has no color, its only a color temperature, which is a dimmer. So i suppose its value between (0 - 100) ?

I created the item via web ui, then linked it to brightness channel of a yeelight things.

Well then this is really strange. I am thinking about this one.

Could you explain what do you mean by strange? Isnt it a normal procedure to use web ui?

No you got me wrong.
Sure it’s a normal procedure to use the web ui.
The device behavior is strange

The predictions come from openHAB autoupdate feature.
This listens for commands to Items, and guesses what the effect might be on the Item state. Then it issues a state update.
Any real update later from a device will overwrite the state.
In recent OH versions, bindings are able to influence autoupdate (the binding knows more about any real device).
You can disable autoupdate for individual Items if you find its predictions unhelpful.

What autoupdate does NOT do, is have any influence on commands being sent to devices by bindings.
If your device is not responding, you are looking in the wrong place. Maybe thing/channel settings are where to look.