Sending command from OpenHab Server to Xbee or ESP8266/arduino and then to Xbee to Trigger Relay

• Platform information: Arduino/ ESP8266 / Raspberry pi/ openhabian/ Xbee S2C
    • Hardware: raspberry pi 3
    • Java Runtime Environment: ??
    • openHAB version: 2.2.0-1

Hey all, I’m really, really green here. Forgive me if I’m not even asking the right questions. I can follow guides and do minor troubleshooting, but creating a system is beyond me. Yet, here I am. I’m trying this.

I have an existing Raspberry pi openhab server I use today to automate my blinds opening and closing everyday. It was a purchased setup with very good setup guides from MK Smarthouse. I would like to add an Xbee S2C coordinator to it. I want to be able to have the device in my openahb app on my phone. I want to be able to send a signal from this Xbee S2C coordinator to a receiving Xbee S2C located elsewhere. The receiver site is too far away to just use an ESP8266. I want the signal to trigger an input on the arduino at the receiver site which in turn triggers an output on the arduino which trigger a relay. The coordinator will be able to send another signal that turns the signal off at the receiving end and turns the arduino relay off.

Is this possible? What steps do I need to take? Can I download xbee bindings or whatever is needed on my openhab server without messing up the blinds I already have? What am I getting in to?

Can anyone assist me or link me to relevant information on this? I’m trying to piece a method together from different youtube videos that seem to apply, but I’m striking out on taking first steps. This is for a college project. Your help is appreciated.

Read

Use a Zigbee relay board, e.g. Zigbee Tuya Smart 4CH Relais Modul 12V 24V 110V 220V RF Fernbedienung Licht Schalter Arbeit mit Alexa Google Home Tuya Gateway Hub| | - AliExpress. Not sure about the XBee S2C - XBee S2C bridge you’re talking about though.

well that 4 channel relay is exactly what I’m designing…lol…jeesh. This being for a college program I won’t be able to use that. I plan on keeping what I build though, and assuming it’s going to be a little rough around the edges I will be purchasing what you have linked me to. Thank you. I will look at the zigbee bindings today. Thanks so much for the reply

It looks like I’m on a really old version of openhab. I can’t install the zigbee bindings. It sppears some web addresses and file locations are no longer valid. I am on 2.2.0-1 (release build). I run sudo openhabian-config, click upgrade, and receive a message that there was a failure because:

https://di.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2/pool/main/2.4.0-1_all.deb isn’t found–> 404 error.

I type sudo nano userdata/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg and receive a message that there is no such directory.

bindings etc are not hosted any longer at that adress since OH 2.5.X
See e.g. openHAB 2.5.x and the sunset of Bintray