Seneye Binding

Discussion about the Seneye Binding

2 Likes

If you want to test this module, instructions can be found in this pull request -> https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/2814

I have a seneye for our pond and installed the binding. It doesn’t seem to pull all the data it seems. I tried using the example of the documentation:

seneye.things

Thing seneye:seneye:mySeneye "Seneye Vijver" [aquarium_name="My name at seneye.me", username="myemailaddress", password="mypassword", poll_time=5]

seneye.items

Number VijverTemp  "Temp [%s] C"        { channel="seneye:seneye:mySeneye:temperature" }
Number VijverPH           "PH [%s]"     { channel="seneye:seneye:mySeneye:ph" }
Number VijverNH3          "NH3 [%s]"    { channel="seneye:seneye:mySeneye:nh3" }

it didn’t give any updates, then in PaperUI I added a new seneye thing and it went online, tried to add new items to it with different channel:

Number VijverTemp2  "Temp [%s] C"        { channel="seneye:monitor:1c75f9e7:temperature" }
Number VijverPH2           "PH [%s]"     { channel="seneye:monitor:1c75f9e7:ph" }
Number VijverNH32          "NH3 [%s]"    { channel="seneye:monitor:1c75f9e7:nh3" }

Then temperature and NH3 got an update, but only once. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I also used string format for the items, but when I add the thing with PaperUI all the channels are shown with Number items (and datetime for last reading,
)

Did you manage to get this working?
I have a Seneye but no matter what I try I cannot get this working.
I have manually added the files as described but no data gets pulled.
I then added it through paper and once the logs reported the item had received command REFRESH but still no data.
There are no error messages and no obvious attempts to pull data (except for the once mentioned above)
I also noticed that when configured through paper the description of the items are slightly different to the ones documented:-
seneye:monitor:###### instead of seneye:seneye:mySeneye .
I tried using both variations with no luck
Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I have currently the binding and all config files, so I can try from scratch.

Many thanks

Mick

Hey Mick,

I did more or less the same as you, added via things, items,
 also added via paperUI. With the later it seems I get 1 update, but only temp and NH3. But afterwards it doesn’t update anymore. I guess it still needs some tweaking. Let me know if you find a solutions, otherwise I guess we’ll need to wait a bit

cheers
phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have done some more trouble shooting and when debugging I get the following error:-
2018-07-04 09:12:07.182 [DEBUG] [inding.seneye.internal.SeneyeService] - failed to read seneye ‘java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected a boolean but was NUMBER at line 1 column 113 path $.wrong_slide’
If I am reading it correctly the problem is “just” the binding looking for the wrong data type, however I have no idea how to fix at the moment.

Mick

Same issue over here. I tried with versions 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4
With 2.2, I had an error like:

seneye:seneye:mySeneye’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)

With 2.3 and 2.4, nothing in logs

Ben,

If you change the logging level via the console with:-
log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.seneye
The additional information should appear next time it tries to download the readings.
Does it give you any additional info? (just wonder if you get the same error)
Once you have finished you can put the logs back to normal with:-
log:set DEFAULT org.openhab.binding.seneye

Thanks

Mick

Ben,

Also try seneye:monitor:mySeneye as this seams to get it to go online.

Mick

Hey,
These are the results are changing to seneye:monitor:mySeneye

2018-07-06 06:52:41.741 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘seneye:monitor:ecea19ce’ changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED
2018-07-06 06:52:41.745 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘seneye:monitor:ecea19ce’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)
2018-07-06 06:52:41.754 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘seneye.things’
2018-07-06 06:52:41.769 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘seneye:monitor:mySeneye’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2018-07-06 06:52:41.769 [DEBUG] [binding.seneye.handler.SeneyeHandler] - Initializing Seneye API service.
2018-07-06 06:52:41.781 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘seneye:monitor:mySeneye’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
2018-07-06 06:52:42.500 [DEBUG] [inding.seneye.internal.SeneyeService] - seneye ‘66724’ read
at org.openhab.binding.seneye.handler.SeneyeHandler.newState(SeneyeHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.seneye.internal.SeneyeService.lambda$0(SeneyeService.java:77) ~[?:?]
2018-07-06 06:52:42.802 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘seneye.things’

And when I change my items (I add all possibilities to avoid searching in the future :wink: ) accordingly:

2018-07-06 06:55:14.660 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_NH3 => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:nh3' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.660 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_NH4 => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:nh4' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.661 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_lastreading => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:lastreading' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.661 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_lux => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:lux' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.662 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_PH => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:ph' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.663 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_par => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:par' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.664 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_slideexpires => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:slideexpires' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.665 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_O2 => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:O2' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.665 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_Temperature => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:temperature' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.665 [temChannelLinkRemovedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_kelvin => seneye:monitor:ecea19ce:kelvin' has been removed.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.783 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_Temperature-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:temperature' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.786 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_PH-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:ph' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.788 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_NH3-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:nh3' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.789 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_NH4-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:nh4' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.790 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_O2-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:O2' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.792 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_lux-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:lux' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.793 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_par-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:par' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.794 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_kelvin-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:kelvin' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.795 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_lastreading-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:lastreading' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:14.797 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'mySeneye_slideexpires-seneye:monitor:mySeneye:slideexpires' has been added.
2018-07-06 06:55:15.268 [DEBUG] [inding.seneye.internal.SeneyeService] - seneye '66724' read
	at org.openhab.binding.seneye.handler.SeneyeHandler.newState(SeneyeHandler.java:69) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.seneye.handler.SeneyeHandler.handleCommand(SeneyeHandler.java:58) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.seneye.handler.SeneyeHandler.handleCommand(SeneyeHandler.java:58) ~[?:?]

And after the 5 minutes ‘polling interval’ (I waited 7 minutes):

nothing

Any idea how we can proceed to make this working again? :blush:

Seems it’s very important what you exactly typ
 :blush:
I had seneye:monitor:myseneye, and this didn’t work.
But seneye:monitor:mySeneye gives me better results.

Values are getting in perfectly now
 :wink:

. . . . . .

Next step is writing some rules so I’m getting pushover messages when fe my temperature drops below 24, the PH goes above 8.5

I’m just wondering if we could also get the status about ‘in-out’ water? This can be very helpful when we’ve got a leak
 I can’t see this ‘status’ in the items/channels. But I’m getting a mail from Seneye if the sensor is out of the water. So somehow, they see this

1 Like

Very Nice.
Just about to write that I now have it working, one thing I noticed is that you have to have an active slide.
Once your slide expires you just get error messages, you do not even get the basic information.

I like the charts, I think I need to set those up next:)

Dear brononius,
I can not get the number from Seneye SUD,
Do we need to enable Local Data Exchange of SUD & Send data to OpenHab?
Hope you can help me.
Kind regards

What do you mean with ‘the number’?

1. My Seneye device send today its data towards the Seneye Cloud (with a windows workstation sadly).
  2. Openhab pickups the value form the Seneye Cloud.
  3. And Openhab does his magic with the data :wink:

Dear Ben,

Thank you very much for your reply. This is the first time I installed and set up My OpenHab. At this stage I can not get the data from Seneye Cloud.

After installing OpenHab on Windows, and add-on Seneye Bindings & Items. This is what i get:

Can you kindly guide me what is wrong and solution to it?

Kind regards,

What do you get in the logs?
Also do you have an active slide in the Seneye? (Mine only works with an active slide)
Also do you have your Seneye linked to a computer, or are you using the web server?

Mick

1 Like

Indeed, main question before to start with OpenHAB. Do you see the data of your sensor elsewhere?

First check https://www.seneye.me if your sensor is correctly working.

Dear Mick.

Thank you very much for your reply. Ive found out that I can only get data from the account with an active slide.

I used a PC with Seneye app to connect to Seneye cloud.

Once again thanks a lot. I wish you a great day ^^

Regards,

1 Like