Serial Binding cannot see the usb Alias (Raspberry Pi)

Hi,
I’m quite new to openhab.
I have installed openhab2 on a Raspberry Pi and connected to an Arduino via usb.
Arduino is sending via serial port a string of data from some sensors to the Raspberry, if I configure openhab to listen on ttyACM0 it works fine, as soon as I create an alias for the Arduino device ( as explained in the Serial Binding Guide ) and I set openhab to listen on the port “ttyArduino” it says that it can not open serial port “dev/ttyArduino”.
Can someone help?

12:03:04.292 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'serial' of item 'arduino' could not be parsed correctly.
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.BindingConfigParseException: Could not open serial port /dev/ttyArduino: Serial port '/dev/ttyArduino' could not be found. Available po
rts are:
/dev/ttyACM0

Output of ls -l /dev

crw--w---- 1 root tty       4,   9 Jun 13 11:23 tty9
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166,   0 Jun 13 11:23 ttyACM0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 204,  64 Jun 13 11:23 ttyAMA0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root           7 Jun 13 11:23 ttyArduino -> ttyACM0
crw------- 1 root root      5,   3 Jun 13 11:23 ttyprintk

I have the same issue, was it resolved (using 2.4.0-1, serial1 binding)

Hi,
you have to edit

sudo nano /etc/default/openhab2

insert something like:

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms400m -Xmx512m -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyAMA0:/dev/your_serial_device

restart.
Best,
Olli

@memphiz

I found something else: I’ve changes the alias to ttyUSB99 and it is working (please note that ttyUSB0 worked for me). So I guess there is a limitation somewhere that the name must be ttyUSBxx. Maybe someone can approve that.

Maybe your suggestion will also work, but for me it is ok to set the name to ttyUSB99.