Serial binding other baud rates

Hey All,

just had to reinstall my windows with openhab3 on it :frowning:
so i installed the oh3 3.3.0 but the serial binding is not letting me set custom baud rate (2400)
i get

**HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING**

{baudRate=The value 2400.0 does not match allowed parameter options. Allowed options are: [ParameterOption [value="4800", label="4800"], ParameterOption [value="9600", label="9600"], ParameterOption [value="19200", label="19200"], ParameterOption [value="38400", label="38400"], ParameterOption [value="57600", label="57600"], ParameterOption [value="115200", label="115200"]]}

same error if i do it as a thing or if i edit the org.openhab.core.thing.thing.json to baudrate 2400

Bridge serial:serialBridge:sensors [serialPort="COM3", baudRate=2400, charset="ISO-8859-1"] 

any ideas or is this a bug in the latest verson?

It’s probably wanting a string, “2400” not a decimal.

Although the docs -

do NOT list a 2400 option, so perhaps it is telling the plain truth.
You’d need to lodge an enhancement request fo the binding.

the weird thing is it was working in 3.2.0 before i went to 3.3.0 …

The problem is caused by the additional config validation introduced in OH 3.3.

The solution to this requires an update to the binding config definition to allow other values other than those in the list.

no worry’s. had not done too much reading on changes to 3.3

Hi Nick. Did you manage to find and edit the config validation for the serial binding? And how? I have the same issue after update from 3.2 to 3.3 but can’t find a solution (other than going back to 3.2)

Hey RegnarOxholm,
MikeJMajor has done an update with the binding on github. as im not use to github i dont know how to get the update from there to my system. i do think you can get the update of the code via snapshots though.

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try.

Short update: It worked :slight_smile:

I deleted the old 3.3 serial binding and manually added the 3.4 snapshot binding (placing .jar file in addon folder)

I found the compiled serial 3.4 snapshot binding here: openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Serial Binding [openHAB-Addons] [Jenkins]

how did you download it? i downloaded it changed zip to jar but the system didnt show anything in the logs to say it was installed or not when put in the addons folder

Extract the zip file and locate the .jar file in the folder “target”. I Used the .jar file “org.openhab.binding.serial-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”

Thanks. The one folder I didn’t look into lol! This snapshot of the serial binding is working for me.