Serious issue - Bindings wont start after clearing cache and tmp

I know… But sometimes it can be better start all over, rather than using a backup, which might bring you to the same issue again, because the backup is already suffering from issues, which will show, when you do the same next step, which causes this releated issue.

I always have all my config files, items, rules, things, services files etc. covered in fresh backup. It´s easy just to make a copy of the /etc/openhab2 folder to a local drive using an ssh client like WinScp… as well as the manually installed bindings…
I also got a fresh backup of the influxdb database (however this is given me problems atm for some reason).
What I dont have, is a fresh installed openhab initial system. But it takes aprox 25 minutes to create, when using SSD drive, which is alot less time than I have spend trying to fix the above issues.
From there its just simple configuring, (mostly copy/paste). Thats the part which is taken up the time.

I do have a previous image copy of the ssd drive. But its this one which is a bit older. And some things has changed since I did that, so I chose to start all over again, and perhaps catch some issues I didn´t managed to get in the image backup.
My biggest issue rigth now is restoring my Influxdb database… For some reason it cant see the backup directory. Hopefully it´s just down to some different version difficulties.
And then I still need to configure my USB devices (dongles). Had problems with z-wave last night, which cant seem to find my dongle… I havn´t tried the other dongles yet.

Hopefully I´ll be running fully tonight… I guess that depends on, how much struggle I´ll be having with the serial driver… But this issue has been there for quite some time now, and needs to be fixed in 2.5M2. About the influxdb backup… If I cant fix it, I´ll dump the database and start over… It´s not that important data anyway, just nice looking charts for Grafana.

After that - It´s time to give ipcamera another try, working with streams from my ipcam to my Google Nest Hub, again. But it all depends on, if/when I can get the system up running fully again.

I should have explained that wasn’t a targeted dig, just a general memory. And yes despite all that exposure to other’s misfortune, of course my own backups are umm “disorganised” at best.

If you must post a “rage quit” FU type post, at least have the decency to open a new thread instead of opening a two year old thread.

Also, please remove the profanity or your post will be removed.

As for your problems, all I can say is it works stably and without too much issue for thousands if not tens of thousands of users. I’m sorry we couldn’t help you with your specific problem.