Setting influxdb as default

This still seems to apply.

[Item] Names must not begin with numbers.

Thanks, so items are always stored in Rrjd4 even if influx is the default. That helps understanding the issue. I think that sometimes I see funny lines in the charts from the temperature in influxdb, but it is hard to reproduce. How could I look into influxdb? Should I use grafana? Should I change the strategy for influxdb? I guess that the Fritzbox acts as bridge and all Dect item‘s data goes „via“ the Fritzbox (the polling interval is defined there). The box seemes to apply some datareduction, probably only sending changed data, but no regular one. I could imagine that that messes up the influxdb‘s data intake somehow.

Oh, no, I checked: The Senec powerchannels can only be charted from Influxdb, but not from RRDJ4, that dB is empty for these channels. So the above seems doubtful

Ok, I think I know what is happening. The Fritzbox polls the data from the Thermostate every 15 Minute only. And then it sends its further only whenever a value changes. Somehow RRdj4 handles that well by simply connecting data points via lines or by even extending an old unchanged value for hours. So data can always be seen. Influxdb stores only changed data. And it does not connect unchanged values. So, in order to see data, I switched to scatter - and there it is. I guess what influxdb does is correct as Fritz is not updating unchanged values.

RRdj4 connecting and extrapolating data

Influx showing the same data. The chart is empty in case scatter is not selected as visual!

Sorry for the confusion. That still leaves the question why RRdj4 seems not to contain Senec‘s power data. May be it is the inverse problem as that data is is polled every 15sec…

This is why

Glad you’ve found a solution/answer!

Maybe when you set a different strategy, your graph will look different. Now you’ve set to write to influx on every update. I write to influx every 5 minutes, no matter if the values changed or not.
If you read influx with Grafana, you can choose to connect all points, so it looks like you have data for every moment.

I agree that connecting the points smartly will ge bood. I have not tried Grafena yet, but will try. The data rate is very limited as the Fritzbox uses a special DECT low power mode that limits data to a minimum. I believe that the device sends data only every 15 minutes but only if data changed. The Fritzbox does some clever data augmentation within the plots that is not available within the Openhab charts.

That’s okay, you can have persistence store a value at regular intervals, changed or not. That’s what rrd4j is set up to do by default, because it makes charting easy.

1 Like