Setting up openHAB 2 on Synology + Z-Wave (beginner here)

I have done it, but i’m not sure if it working well. I have no response that everything was done, and it is not working. Please find below my script:

root@Server:~# echo 'ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="ttyACM[0-9]*", MODE="0660",  OWNER="openhab", GROUP="dialout"' >> /lib/udev/rules.d/99-aeon-z-stick.rules
root@Server:~# chmod 755 /lib/udev/rules.d/99-aeon-z-stick.rules
root@Server:~# echo -e '#!/bin/sh\nstart_modules(){\n\techo ls -l /dev/tty[AU]* >> /volume1/public/zwavelog.txt\n\tchown -R root.uucp /run/lock\n\tchmod -R g+w /run/lock\n\tchown -R root.uucp /var/lock\n\tchmod -R g+w /var/lock\n}\nstop_modules(){\n\techo "do nothing"\n}\ncase "$1" in\n\tstart)\n\t\tstart_modules\n\t;;\n\tstop)\n\t\tstop_modules\n\t;;\n\t*)\n\t\techo "usage: $0 { start | stop }" >&2\n\texit 1\n\t;;\nesac\nexit 0' >> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/S98openhabzwave.sh
root@Server:~# chmod 755 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/S98openhabzwave.sh
root@Server:~# chown openhab /dev/ttyACM0
root@Server:~# reboot

Broadcast message from XXX@Server
    (/dev/pts/15) at 22:22 ...

The system is going down for reboot NOW!

Is this correct, that there is no confirmation from the server?

Hey, its me again.

I have test again some things and can’t find the failure. I have added the user “openhab” and “openhab2” to group “tty”, “dialout” and “uucp”. I have red different users and groups in the internet, so i have made everything.

I have checkt the both files which should be crated:

root@Server:~# tail -n 1 /lib/udev/rules.d/99-aeon-z-stick.rules
ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="ttyACM[0-9]*", MODE="0660", OWNER="openhab", GROUP="dialout"

and

root@Server:~# tail -n 1 /usr/local/etc/rc.d/S98openhabzwave.sh
start_modules(){echo ls -l /dev/tty* >> /volume1/public/tmp/zwavelog.txtchown -R root.uucp /run/lockchmod -R g+w /run/lockchown -R root.uucp /var/lockchmod -R g+w    /var/lock}stop_modules(){echo “do nothing”}case “$1” instart)start_modules;;stop)stop_modules;;*)echo    “usage: $0 { start | stop }” >&2exit 1;;esacexit 0

I have also set the rights for both files with “chmod 755 …”.

After that I have bought a new Z-Wave-Sticks and have tested it with the “Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5” and “Z-wave.me ZMEEUZB”, but it will not work. I get following message: “Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Serial Error: Port /dev/ttyACM0 does not exist”.

Has anyone an idea what’s going wrong at my Synology?

Hello,

I have again tested some things and need your help by interpretation. At the moment I’m working with obenHAB version 2.3.0.005, because Version 2.4 and 2.2 will not start. I can install them, but when i want to start it in the package manager it doesn’t work. Is there maybe another problem? I have installed it in the Smarthome folder and the public folder, but there are no difference.

I have again testet the script and I’think the script is working, at least I get no failures when I start it with /bin/sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/S98openhabzwave.sh start

I can find than the zwavelog.txt with the content “ls -l /dev/ttyACM0” and when I use “ls -l /dev/ttyA*” I get folowing result:

crwxrwxrwx 1 openhab dialout 166, 0 Feb  6 18:02 /dev/ttyACM0

Can someone say me, if this is correct or has an idea what is going wrong?