Setting up the intellij IDE for addon development

Hello.
I wanted to develop something in openHAB again. I had made a small contribution for the myStrom plugin before and don’t remember having any problems setting up the development environment.
But I haven’t done anything for a while and now something is not working.
I use intellij. I have re-cloned the addons project. When I run “install” from the IDE, I get the following messages:

[INFO] 
[INFO] ----< org.openhab.addons.bom:org.openhab.addons.bom.runtime-index >-----
[INFO] Building openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: Runtime Index 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT  [3/446]
[INFO] --------------------------------[ pom ]---------------------------------
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.orbit.bundles:net.i2p.crypto.eddsa:jar:0.3.0.v20220506-1020 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.orbit.bundles:com.google.inject:jar:5.0.1.v20210324-2015 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.orbit.bundles:io.github.classgraph:jar:4.8.149.v20220915-0556 is missing, no dependency information available

I have no idea what is missing and how to solve the problem. Java 17 is installed.
Thank you very much in advance.

Warning you see is result of missing pom in remote repository, sometimes it might be still fine. Does your build fail?

yes. The build also fails.

"C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-17\bin\java.exe" -Dmaven.multiModuleProjectDirectory=C:\Development\openhab-addons -Djansi.passthrough=true -Dmaven.home=C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\plugins\maven\lib\maven3 -Dclassworlds.conf=C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\plugins\maven\lib\maven3\bin\m2.conf -Dmaven.ext.class.path=C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\plugins\maven\lib\maven-event-listener.jar -javaagent:C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\lib\idea_rt.jar=57233:C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\bin -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\plugins\maven\lib\maven3\boot\plexus-classworlds-2.6.0.jar;C:\Users\fchas\AppData\Local\JetBrains\Toolbox\apps\IDEA-C\ch-0\231.8109.175\plugins\maven\lib\maven3\boot\plexus-classworlds.license org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher -Didea.version=2023.1 compile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Build Order:
[INFO] 
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons                                                    [pom]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM                                             [pom]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: Runtime Index                            [pom]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: Test Index                               [pom]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: Integration Tests :: Wemo Binding Tests         [jar]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: Integration Tests :: MapDB Persistence Tests    [jar]
[INFO] 
[INFO] -----------< org.openhab.addons:org.openhab.addons.reactor >------------
[INFO] Building openHAB Add-ons 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT                          [1/446]
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M2:enforce (enforce-java) @ org.openhab.addons.reactor ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- directory-maven-plugin:1.0:directory-of (directories) @ org.openhab.addons.reactor ---
[INFO] Directory of org.openhab.addons:org.openhab.addons.reactor set to: C:\Development\openhab-addons
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- spotless-maven-plugin:2.35.0:check (codestyle_check) @ org.openhab.addons.reactor ---
[INFO] Index file corresponds to a different configuration of the plugin. Either the plugin version or its configuration has changed. Fallback to an empty index
[INFO] Spotless.Format is keeping 1 files clean - 0 needs changes to be clean, 1 were already clean, 0 were skipped because caching determined they were already clean
[INFO] 
[INFO] -------< org.openhab.addons.bom:org.openhab.addons.reactor.bom >--------
[INFO] Building openHAB Add-ons :: BOM 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT                   [2/446]
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M2:enforce (enforce-java) @ org.openhab.addons.reactor.bom ---
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- directory-maven-plugin:1.0:directory-of (directories) @ org.openhab.addons.reactor.bom ---
[INFO] Directory of org.openhab.addons:org.openhab.addons.reactor set to: C:\Development\openhab-addons
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- spotless-maven-plugin:2.35.0:check (codestyle_check) @ org.openhab.addons.reactor.bom ---
[INFO] Spotless.Format is keeping 1 files clean - 0 needs changes to be clean, 0 were already clean, 1 were skipped because caching determined they were already clean
[INFO] 
[INFO] ----< org.openhab.addons.bom:org.openhab.addons.bom.runtime-index >-----
[INFO] Building openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: Runtime Index 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT  [3/446]
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.orbit.bundles:net.i2p.crypto.eddsa:jar:0.3.0.v20220506-1020 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.orbit.bundles:com.google.inject:jar:5.0.1.v20210324-2015 is missing, no dependency information available
[WARNING] The POM for org.eclipse.orbit.bundles:io.github.classgraph:jar:4.8.149.v20220915-0556 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] Reactor Summary for openHAB Add-ons 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
[INFO] 
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons .................................... SUCCESS [  5.018 s]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM ............................. SUCCESS [  0.336 s]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: Runtime Index ............ FAILURE [  2.198 s]
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: Test Index ............... SKIPPED
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: BOM :: openHAB Core Index ....... SKIPPED
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles ......................... SKIPPED
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: Integration Tests :: Wemo Binding Tests SKIPPED
[INFO] openHAB Add-ons :: Integration Tests :: MapDB Persistence Tests SKIPPED
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time:  25.058 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2023-04-20T21:48:24+02:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project org.openhab.addons.bom.runtime-index: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.openhab.addons.bom:org.openhab.addons.bom.runtime-index:pom:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.openhab.core.bom:org.openhab.core.bom.runtime:pom:4.0.0-SNAPSHOT -> org.eclipse.xtext:org.eclipse.xtext:jar:2.29.0 -> org.eclipse.platform:org.eclipse.equinox.common:jar:3.16.200 -> org.eclipse.platform:org.eclipse.osgi:jar:[3.17.200,4.0.0): No versions available for org.eclipse.platform:org.eclipse.osgi:jar:[3.17.200,4.0.0) within specified range -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <args> -rf :org.openhab.addons.bom.runtime-index

Process finished with exit code 1

Do you have offline switch enabled in your IDE settings? I do not see any attempts of reaching to maven repos configured in super-pom: infrastructure/pom.xml at main · openhab/infrastructure · GitHub.

Looking at JFrog I do not see versions of artifacts you have in version ranges available there, even if they were introduced 4 months ago Raise minimum JDK version to 17 (#2994) · openhab/openhab-core@41ba3ff · GitHub.

It seems only the jar was uploaded, but not the POM. Can you check that @Kai? I believe you are the only one who can do that.

We indeed always only have the jars uploaded to our Artifactory.
Note that this repo is meant for our runtime - IDEs should rather pull dependencies directly from Maven Central.

The problem is that these artifacts are not available at maven central, so they can’t be consumed from there.

Good point - I didn’t see that it’s about the orbit bundles…

Question if orbit versions have to be used? I had a feature set which passed basic karaf feature validation which was bassed on central versions.

Many thanks for the answers.
I’m sorry if that sounds stupid. But I have no idea where you are talking about and what I can/must do to make it work :laughing:.
Or do I have to wait until something is fixed? That is also ok. I can wait. But at the moment I’m just at a loss.

The warnings we are talking about can be ignored, they don’t affect the build.

I don’t understand why you have issues with the maven build, that works fine for me. Did you try building mvn clean install -U, so all dependencies are re-checked?

I have no idea why, but I always tried from the Intellij Maven view to run clean and install. That didn’t work.
I have now run it from the command line and it is up. It seems to work. Just takes time.
Thanks a lot

IntelliJ uses by default embedded maven installation, you might try to switch it to installation which you use from command line. I found that IntelliJ works best if local repository been populated by command line build.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.