Setting up Withings Binding

Ok, but that’s step 2, I’m stuck on step 1 - I don’t have the URL

As far as I understand the wiki (I don’t use that binding) you can use for the accountId whatever you want, it is arbitrary. Just create something like U6fx92us.

Then on a console execute withings:startAuthentication U6fx92us and it should give you the url …

Good luck.

The still doesn’t work. I get the following message:
Couldn't find Credentials of Account 'U6fx92us'. Please check openhab.cfg or withings.cfg

It looks like @Dibbler42 is using that binding, maybe he can help …

No i am not using the binding, because Withings does not support the air quality data in the API. And my weight is use less. it is enough to see it once a day.

Thomas

1 Like

Last chance: @ldaniel ?

Would be great if @ldaniel could help. I don’t know what else to try.

In my openhab.cfg file I have the following:

############################## Withings Binding ###############################$
# 
# Data refresh interval in ms (optional, defaults to 60000)
withings:refresh=60000
withings:accountId=U6fgh       

In the OSGi console I enter
withings:startAuthentication U6fgh

Is this all correct?
I’m assuming I don’t need a withings.cfg although I tried creating one and entered the same information, which didn’t change anything.

Does the binding Work with OH2?

1 Like

@maze @thejayo

Hi guys,

anything new on this topic?

Unfortunately not. I never looked at this anymore as it wasn’t a priority.

What a pity.

Tried whole night to succed.
Issue posted:

Appears to be a bad configration key problem. See request in the logged issue.

unfortunately it issn’t that easy.
The WIKI of the binding tells us it will generate its own config-file, but it doesn’t.
I also watched the code to make my own .cfg and tried nearly everything thinkable.

I searched the docs and did not find a statement about withings generating its own config file. Please quote the sentence you’re referring to.

Also, please show your binding configs.

I see there are a number of problems with the docs; I’ve started correcting those…

1 Like

Look here.
I read the code and it looks like it generates its config-file itself if it is not there:
WhithingsAccount.java

138            if (!file.exists()) {
139                file.getParentFile().mkdirs();
140               file.createNewFile();
141            }

I dont have any binding configs (for withings)… Or what are you asking for? :slight_smile:

That section of code will only save out individual accounts, not the basic config.

eg. peter.userid, peter.token, etc.

Here’s a revised version of the withings README.

Look it over, maybe try redoing your setup based on it. Let me know what problems you see.

Made a look trough the README.
Looks much better.
I made some comments on your pull request.

I tried the following:

• deleting everything that contains to withings binding.
  • A systemwide filemane search with * withings * endet up with no results
  • A search for files containing * withings * ended up with this:
    Search "withings" (12 hits in 2 files)
     \\OPENHAB2\openHAB-share\openhab2-userdata\etc\org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg (6 hits)
    	Line 115:	log4j2.logger.withings.level = TRACE
    	Line 116:	log4j2.logger.withings.name = withings
    	Line 116:	log4j2.logger.withings.name = withings
    	Line 117:	log4j2.logger.org_openhab_binding_withings.level = TRACE
    	Line 118:	log4j2.logger.org_openhab_binding_withings.name = org.openhab.binding.withings
    	Line 118:	log4j2.logger.org_openhab_binding_withings.name = org.openhab.binding.withings
     \\OPENHAB2\openHAB-share\openhab2-userdata\config\org\ops4j\pax\logging.config (6 hits)
     	Line 60:	log4j2.logger.org_openhab_binding_withings.level="TRACE"
    	Line 61:	log4j2.logger.org_openhab_binding_withings.name="org.openhab.binding.withings"
    	Line 61:	log4j2.logger.org_openhab_binding_withings.name="org.openhab.binding.withings"
    	Line 82:	log4j2.logger.withings.level="TRACE"
    	Line 83:	log4j2.logger.withings.name="withings"
    	Line 83:	log4j2.logger.withings.name="withings"

Thats clear so far, because I changed the logleve for this binding. I Think this has no effect on my problem
  • Now I threw the file org.openhab.binding.withings-1.10.0.jar to the addons folder endig up with this log:
     15:53:25.744 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - BundleEvent INSTALLED - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:26.332 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - BundleEvent RESOLVED - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:27.049 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - BundleEvent UNRESOLVED - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:27.507 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - BundleEvent RESOLVED - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:27.843 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:28.297 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:28.718 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={service.pid=org.openhab.withings-oauth, osgi.command.function=[startAuthentication,finishAuthentication], component.name=org.openhab.binding.withings.authenticator, component.id=333, osgi.command.scope=withings, service.id=1235, service.bundleid=219, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:30.402 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin         ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=1235, bundle=219/file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.withings-1.10.0.jar]: Updating property consumerKey of configuration org.openhab.withings-oauth caused a problem: The given configuration key is unknown!
     org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationException: consumerKey : The given configuration key is unknown!
          at org.openhab.binding.withings.internal.api.WithingsAuthenticator.updated(WithingsAuthenticator.java:251) [219:org.openhab.binding.withings:1.10.0]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1463) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1419) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:141) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:109) [7:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.14]
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
     15:53:30.404 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.openhab.model.item.binding.BindingConfigReader, org.openhab.binding.withings.WithingsBindingProvider}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.withings.genericbindingprovider, component.id=335, service.id=1236, service.bundleid=219, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.withings
     15:53:34.954 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.withings         ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService}={service.pid=org.openhab.withings, component.name=org.openhab.binding.withings.binding, component.id=334, service.id=1238, service.bundleid=219, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.withings

I really don’t know what I am doing wrong or waht else I could do.

Do I need a withings.cfg before I drop the *jar-FIle into the addons folder?
If so, what has to be in there? I can’t find any details about it in the README
EDIT:
For clarification:
I saw that there are some mandatory parameters:

• consumerkey
  • consumersecret
  • redirectUrl

The README just says "Your …"
Maybe I am a noob but I dont know what to fill in there and whats the correct typograpy.

Thanks alot for your help.

Can anyone help?
Someone around here having this binding working?