Setup of openhab and homematic binding

Hi,

to get amazon´s echo running my homematic devices I decided to go with openhab. at the moment i use homematic for lights, heating, shades, watering, power metering, webcams and as gui i use NEO AIO remote (mediola) to control the whole staff from tablet or mobile.

i did the setup (version 1.8.3 on windows 10) created the sitemap, the items, installed the bindings and entered the IP of my homematic here:

############################### Homematic Binding #####################################

Hostname / IP address of the Homematic CCU

homematic:host=x.x.x.x

it all seems to work fine when I browse through the pages i created. but if i toggle the switch of the module HM-ES-PMSw1-Pl with the following command (in the house.items file)

Switch Licht_TE_Powermeter “Licht Powermeter” (TE_Technik) {homematic=“id=MEQ0272801, channel=1, parameter=STATE”}

but nothing happens on the physical switch.

in the command window of openhab the logging says

Date (info) (runtime.busevents ) - (Licht_TE_Powermeter received command ON)
Date (info) (runtime.busevents ) - (Licht_TE_Powermeter received command OFF)

do i have to install something else to get contact to the CCU or should this work?

i hope I bother nobody with my question but I tried to find solutions for the last two hours and as i still have to do some renovation work in my house (built in 1955) I have not got too much time to get this running myself ;-)))

thx

Did you put the homeatic binding jar file into the addons folder?

When you start OH do you see any errors?

Do you see anything printed from the homeatic binding at all?

hi,

yes the homematic.jar is in the Haddon folder.

no there is no error message so i am a bit confused as from my point of view it should word…

Do you see anything at all from homeatic in the logs?

as a i am newbee. where can I check the logs?

I think it is in your <openhabhome>/logs but am not sure. It has been a very very long time since I’ve messed with a manual install. There is a logs folder somewhere in your OH directory.

checked the logs - nothing that would indicate a failure…

i will now try openhab 2 . maybe i have more success with the new Version…

You haven’t answered my one repeated question. I’m not asking if you see errors. I’m asking if there is ANYTHING from homematic in the logs. If not it means the binding is not there or something else has gone wrong with the binding and it isn’t your configuration that is the problem.

ah ok sorry - no there is nothing in the logs mentioning homematic.

That implies that the binding is not being loaded.

Double check that you have org.openhab.binding.homeatic-1.8.3.jar in your addons folder. If it is there, delete it and replace it with a newly downloaded one. restart OH and you should see at least one line in openhab.log that mentions homeatic during the startup.

1 Like