I’ve successfully installed OpenHABianPI. I’m trying to configure a mainly Z wave setup. After some confusion and jumping between PaperUI and HABmin, I was able to get my Z wave controller recognized and my dimmer connected.
I’m looking through all the documentation and trying to make some basic rules to get my feet wet. I’ve tried HABmin for the configuration and rules, but it seems VERY buggy and I cannot get much to work. Aside from addon installation in paper UI, I feel like I’m struggling with PaperUI and HABmin. I am a fan of good UIs. Are the OH2 UIs fully functional?
Here are my questions:
- Is textual configuration the most popular/robust way to setup the rules and items etc?
- Where do the things/items live that are auto-discovered? They are not in the openHAB-conf folder?
- Can someone point me to a concise guide to textual configuration for OH2.
- What is persistence used for? Is it required?
- Are there any recommended complete tutorials for OH2?
- What’s up with HABmin? OH documentation recommends it, the UI looks great, but is it complete? There’s very little actual documentation on use.
I did install the VSCode addon and plan to use that for textual config.
Thanks in advance.