Setup wifi After already Configured using Physical Ethernet Cable

http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html

Says that for the first time only you can setup wifi, if not the how to configure Wifi username and password now ?. I have completed openhab setup and its working via Ethernet cable. But i want to use Wifi username and password for wireless connection to the router.

I did try to change openhabian.conf but its not taking effects or not connecting.

Please guide me. Now i want to change basic network to wifi only. How to do that without going to very beginning.

I think that this can help you:

Hi,
I have a simular problem - I have a basic installation of OpenHab on my Raspberry Pi 3 (current version: openhabianpi-raspbian-201804031720-gitdba76f6-crc9e93c3eb)

I setup the system via ethernet and now want to change to WiFi.

I followed the instructions in your Dim recomended tutorial an added my SSID an Passphrase to /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf. Unfortunatly the raspberry pi does not connect to my network after reboot.
Do I have to change something else?

Thanks for your help in advance.
KGestrich

Is it a RPI3+ ?
Did you configure a country code in wpa_supplicant.conf?

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/release_notes.txt

• WiFi is disabled until wireless regulatory domain is set (Pi 3 B+ only)
    - The domain can be done through ‘Raspberry Pi Configuration’ (rc_gui),
    ‘raspi-config’ or by setting ‘country=’ to an appropriate ISO 3166
    alpha2 country code in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.
  • Default wireless regulatory domain is now unset
# ISO/IEC alpha2 country code in which the device is operating
country=US

I cant understand why a question is answered by a question… Its difficult enough to slog through the maze looking for solutions without stumbling across this issue… Im trying to sort this problem out as well and I havent found a suitable solution

If you like to get help it is mostly good to post your setup which hardware etc, what you tried and what does not work exactly.
In this case, also providing the content of e.g. /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf could help narrow down possible problems.