Setup your own openhab-cloud (myopenhab) server/instance

What’s the output with --trace-warnings, and what version of mongodb are you using?

Actually i get no output / warnings:

sudo node app.js -- trace-warnings
{}

But it seems like it is still not working:

curl http://localhost:3000
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 3000: Connection refused

this is the version:

db version v3.6.8

So not entirely sure why, but the only way I’ve been able to make this work is by building the docker container directly. Running native or a pulled docker image have both failed with the errors. I’m back up, but it wasn’t the most fun thing.

There should be no space between the dashes and the ‘trace-warnings’:

sudo node app.js --trace-warnings

sorry, my mistake - i tried again, but no changes:

sudo node app.js --trace-warnings
{}

is it normal that the command “keeps running” and i cant enter the next command?

Hallo all,

I have installed the Version 1.0.12 of openhab cloud with node7 but i only can read my items an dont Change it. Wheres the error?

Sorry, unfortunately I did not solve the problem. My cloud is still not running.
I was hoping that an updated version would be made available somehow :slight_smile:

Hi - there was an issue for the Mongoose versions. Refer here: node.js - Warning: Accessing non-existent property 'MongoError' of module exports inside circular dependency - Stack Overflow

npm install mongoose@5.12.1 

Hi All,
After following the guide, I am able to setup the OH Cloud.
However, I am only able to access the instance using the IP Address of my server but no domain name.

I am able to access the default nginx site on https without any issue but just when I try to open the site with 3000 as port, it won’t show up and throws the error:

Am I missing anything here?

I have opened a new discussion regarding this at the following URL:

HI dastrix80 hope your doing well. i’m facing the same issues. can you please share with me how to set up the config.js? thank you

I never set it up in the end, it just flat out didnt work… too difficult with no documentation

I uploaded my nginx configuration at

My config.json is as follows:
config.json.txt (1.5 KB)

oh thank you in fact i need to acces openhab local via the link “Your openHAB is online. [Click here to access your openHAB’s dashboard]”.