Shelly 1v3 does not work

Hi Guys,

i´m having two shelly 1v3 here and huge troubles with these.
I wanted to test these two before implementing them in my flat so i connected L and N to the main power and measured if there is voltage on the input - which indeed was 230volts.

So i waited for the wifi hotspot to come up, but this never happened. I started googleling/troubleshooting and found a few articles about to reset the shelly over the sw input (switch 5 times) which i did, but it changed nothing. I also noticed that the relay was not moving so i tried to measure the resistance between INPUT and OUTPUT while putting 230 volts on the SW input - this confirmed that the relay does not move/switch.

I also opened the shelly and checked if the voltage jumper pin is set correctly.

The strange thing is that this behaviour happens on both shellys. - am i missing something / did you also encoutered similar shelly issues?


Had the same issue initially but it worked second time.
Put the live in L and neutral to N, Put input from L, you can jump a wire from L to I or input, put the wire going to load in O or output and one live in your switch and switch output to S or switch. Now make sure there is power. Now open mobile, install shelly app first then turn wifi on and connect to your wifi access. then go to shelly application menu and do a search for device, then find the device to add it. i would recommend after this set ip address from shelly web interface and provide backup wifi if you have.

My shelly has been acting weird due to weak signal maybe and now not showing up… i need to add new router and reset the darn things grrrr…