Shelly bindig throwing exception IP_MULTICAST_IF: address not bound to any interface

Hi,

shelly binding is keep throwing the following exception:
2020-12-04 08:22:23.264 [ERROR] [.eclipse.californium.core.CoapClient] - could not set and start client endpoint
java.net.SocketException: bad argument for IP_MULTICAST_IF: address not bound to any interface
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketSetOption0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketSetOption(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:91) ~[?:?]
at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.setOption(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:352) ~[?:?]
at java.net.MulticastSocket.setInterface(MulticastSocket.java:477) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.californium.elements.UdpMulticastConnector.start(UdpMulticastConnector.java:83) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.eclipse.californium.core.network.CoapEndpoint.start(CoapEndpoint.java:506) ~[bundleFile:?]
at org.eclipse.californium.core.CoapClient.setEndpoint(CoapClient.java:356) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.coap.ShellyCoapHandler.start(ShellyCoapHandler.java:118) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler.initializeThing(ShellyBaseHandler.java:276) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.shelly.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler.lambda$0(ShellyBaseHandler.java:158) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Because of that, in the rules the event detection is no working.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

in linux one enables an interface, named, say, eth0, for multicast with

ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev eth0

not sure if this helps

good idea, now I managed to get rid of that error by rebooting openhab, but if I will see it again (and that happened before already) I will try this!