Shelly Binding

I finally upgraded to v3.1.0 so I’m now able to use Shelly Uni out-of-the-box! Everything is working fine, except the last update channel, it doesn’t report anything shelly:shellyuni:shellyuni:sensors#lastUpdate
I had this working in the past via mqtt and [profile="system:timestamp-change"], but since this is a predefined channel, I would like to use it.

I admit I have not read the full thread.
I have a new shelly colorbulb duo. The new thing is found by the auto discovery but it doesn’t show any channel for “#power” Did I miss something? Thanks.

There is no power channel of type switch. You have to set the brightness channel to 0 to switch off the device.

nowit shows the power-channel. I unplugged it earlier and wanted to give it a try with the brightness and then it showed the power channel.

The white bulb does not have a power channel, on/off is controlled via the brightness channel
in color mode the binding should add a power channel. This happens during thing initialization. Sometimes you need to reload the UI page.

FYI: Alterco has a promo that gives you 15% on an order in the Shelly Online Shop

Just a few questions (around 5-7 if I remember correctly). Of course all of you use openHAB as home automation system - even you don’t want to place an order you can participate in the survey to push openHAB as important integration.

:+1: done

Allterco introduces the next generation of Shelly devices, tehere will be a live event’
See Notes below on support by the Binding

https://www.facebook.com/events/436157644452860/

Join Shelly team at the LIVE launch event of the Next Generation Shelly devices!

Be among the first to learn all there is to know about the newest additions to Shelly product portfolio and why we consider them the next generation in home automation technology!

We have prepared a total of 8… yeah you read that right - 8 new products!!! So get ready for some fun!

Looking forward to sharing more on Shelly NEXT-GEN devices LIVE launch event!

September 15, 19:30 Central European Time!

Don’t forget to mark yourself “Going” in order to be among the first to receive pre-launch updates and details! We’ve prepared quite a few surprises!

LIVE Streaming info

On September 15, a direct link for the LIVE stream of the event will be provided here, as well as on Shelly Facebook page and in Shelly Support Group. So if you are marked as “Going” you will receive a notification right away.The LIVE stream will be available to watch on:

• Shelly Facebook page
  • Shelly Support Group (English version)
  • Shelly YouTube Channel.

The live stream will begin at 19:30 Central European Time sharp! 10 minutes before that the link will be on set with a count-down timer.

Important: The current version pf the Shelly Binding does not the support Next Generation devices for now. It’s on the list and I have already the basic stuff running, but the API is completly new compared to Gen 1 devices and this needs to be adapted. I didn’t decides so far if I integrate that to the existing binding (increasing complexity) or will create a 2nd one.

Hi there!

I tried to update my Shelly Motion from Version v1.1.2 to v2.0.0 via Shelly Manager, because the on the device UI the version wasn’t prompted.

In the logs I got the following messages:

2021-09-25 16:39:33.534 [INFO ] [y.internal.handler.ShellyBaseHandler] - shellymotionsensor-60a423937252: Thing goes OFFLINE: message.offline.status-error-fwupgrade

2021-09-25 16:39:33.537 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellymotion:60a423937252' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (FIRMWARE_UPDATING): Firmware upgrade in progress

2021-09-25 16:39:33.733 [INFO ] [nternal.manager.ShellyManagerOtaPage] - shellymotionsensor-60a423937252: Firmware update initiated, device returned status unknown

2021-09-25 16:40:02.777 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'shelly:shellymotion:60a423937252' changed from OFFLINE (FIRMWARE_UPDATING): Firmware upgrade in progress to ONLINE

The version remained o v1.1.2. Does anybody have an advice or an idea on how to update the Shelly Motion properly to version v2.0.0?

Cheers

Mario

Please do not make an update.
Shelly Motion Version 2.0.0 is buggy.
see here

https://www.shelly-support.eu/forum/index.php?thread/11183-mqtt-does-not-work-in-firmware-2-0-0/

Ok :slight_smile:

Hi @Christian_Brosius,
may I kindly ask you how you did the MACVLAN setup? I would like to have 4 docker containers with dedicated IP addresses running on my NAS. I understand how to configure the docker portion:

# docker network create --driver=macvlan --gateway=10.0.0.1 --subnet=10.0.0.0/24 --ip-range=10.0.0.250/30 -o parent=eth0 MACVLAN_openhab

But my Synology NAS provides its own Docker app where I don’t know where to set the IP address for the container?

If you are using your own docker compose file then you might not know the answer but I give it try :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing your wisdom :yum:

Cheers
Justus

sorry, no Synology knowledge here.
But it looks like this should be possible: Network Settings | Docker - Synology Knowledge Center

Kind regards,
Christian…

Yes, thanks.
I just need to figure out how to give the container a dedicated IP address through the Docker app :thinking:

Hi Markus,
any new on updating the binding so it had beter support for the newest motion firmware?
since I’m on the 2.X I notice that alot of times my openhab doesn’t update the motion status

Hi,

I have bought a Shelly v2.5 double switch relay recently which has firmware version 20210909-144331/v1.11.4 according to the app. However, in openHAB, the thing property for the firmware version is /20210909-144331() only, and coiotAutoEnable and coiotAutoRefresh are false. But the binding property autoCoIoT is enabled.

Is this expected to work? Is v1.11.4 not (yet) supported because the firmware version is displayed incompletely? Do I have to downgrade the relay to v1.9.2? Or am I doing anything else wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I downgraded to v1.9.2 and got the CoIoT properties corrected. However, I still do not see any CoIoT updates in the openHAB log and after using the physical switch, it often takes a few minutes until the state in openHAB is updated. What else could I be missing? :slight_smile:

Hi, I just got a fresh OpenHAB 3.1 installed and started to integrate my smarthome components, including 12 Shelly Dimmer 2 boxes. However, only 8 of 12 are seen. I integrated them all in the same network, can see them as usual e.g. directly from my PC or via an Android app. I also restarted the remaining ones and waited even a day.
The documentation states something about “Sometimes you need to run the manual discovery multiple times”, but I cannot see anything to trigger this manual discovery - how can I do it?
thanks

go to the Inbox, click + and Scan

1 Like

Okay, that solved it, now I can see all! Thanks. It is a little hidden (and one has to go into the respective binding), but I suppose that’s OpenHAB standard and one has to learn the OpenHAB UI anyhow though.

Thanks a lot!
Soeren