Shelly Binding

great! good job!
it seems that you downloaded the html file and not the jar or you saved the file here with a right-click, which doesn’t work - you need click on the link. This is a known problem with GitHub Links/Downloads or I posted the incorrect link. Could you please try again, you should get the same jar (from snapshot branch):
https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.shelly/blob/snapshot/target/org.openhab.binding.shelly-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

click on this link (do not use Save here) and then click on Download)

@sengscfr
Could you please try the same

I just did a test on my Windows computer. And the binding is here!
This evening I am going to test it on my Raspberry Pi.
Thank you for your support!

Now it is working perfectly on my Raspberry Pi.
Thank you for your patience and the good work!

welcome :ok_hand:

Yes. that is working on RPI as well. Thanks…

I am using a Shelly1 in order to get back the positon of the manual external switch. This takes somethimes up to one minute.Is there any possibility to increase the speed of feedback or force an immediate feedback.

correct… I have this issue too…

There is and “update interval” setting in the Thing configuration, from PaperUI go and edit your Thing and click “show more”. It should appear.

Don’t go this way. This should be event based.

Which branch are you using? master or snapshot?
@igi and I saw API timeouts when using both event sources (button+output) and pressing both buttons on a 2.5 at the same time. I saw something similar with the Shelly1. We tried to work around by not setting the button event url, but that doesn’t solved the problem. Nevertheless this change was active in the snapshot for several days and has been removed in the latest snapshot-build.

If you experience this with the latest snapshot build oder the master branch I need a TRACE Log to see what happens.

Reducing the status interval increases the polling, which doesn’t make sense to catch the button or output events. You could verify in the Web UI if they are set correctly after the binding has started, both have to point to your OH system.

fyi: @Igi helped to organize a Dimmer freshly from the IFA and it’s supported in the snapshot branch :wink:

The other new devices could be supported when I get access to it.

1 Like

@markus7017 Considering the huge interest in this binding (and especially the Shelly devices), I wonder, why you didn’t yet create a PR for it. Note that PRs are automatically built and published, so people can always get the latest jar very easily - no need to manually publish it anywhere else. Btw, the forum here is not meant as a storage for binaries as this increases our backup size massively and is a burden for the maintenance of the forum in the long run. It would thus be nice, if you could refrain from it.

I think many would welcome a PR and possibly getting the binding in the official 2.5 distro release. Wdyt?

1 Like

That’s the plan. However, I’m still on 2.4 so need to move to 2.5, do refactoring and then open the PR.
I removed the one post with the binary, had some special reason to do that.

3 Likes

@markus7017: really a fantastic job. The Bindig is very helpful and I have now made it an integral part of my openhab environment. Installation and commissioning were done quickly and ran smoothly for me.

Now I want to make the shellies (or at least some of them) usable via Alexa as well. openhab Cloud connector and Alexa Skill are set up correctly (they already worked with my self-constructed MQTT solution). The shellies added via the binding are not found by Alexa.

I have already uninstalled Cloud Connector and Skill, rebooted and reinstalled the system - no success! I have set up a completely new cloud instance - no success!

Does anyone have one or two tips what else I can do?

same for me

I didn’t used the skill so far. I prefer the HUE emulation. The Alexa devices are able to control HUE devices locally without looping through the Internet. This means there is no public access to your home (and yes, the voice sample is send to amazon). This gives at least a better feeling on the security side even knowing that Alexa itself is accessing the Internet/amazon’s cloud service.

In this case you need to flag those items, which should be exposed to Alexa/HUE (default is NO). This can be done by adding the tag Switchable or Dimmable to the item. So this setup should work and I don’t know if the skill also requires tagging the items to make them available to Alexa.
See also: https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/hueemulation/

Thank you. After tagging the items, everything works as expected.

Hello,

I am using openHAB 2.5.0~S1696-1 (Build #1696). Which jar should i use in order to install the binding?

Thank you

Hi, both versions (master, snapshot) should be suitable.

thanks!

I Install new raspbian (Linux rpi3 4.14.98-v7)

I install OH 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1698 on rpi3, clean new version, not work. What wrong I od.
I download https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.shelly/blob/snapshot/target/org.openhab.binding.shelly-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I did:

1. Stopped the OH, and wait 30s
  2. started OH
    3.log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.shelly
  3. added .jar file to the /addons folder.

And nothing.

Thank you

Please any sugestion

This is my test instance, I have OH working with Zwave milight, 1-wire 3.5 years