Shelly RGBW2 Transition Timer

Hi. I’d like to have smooth transitions from one state (e.g. low brightness or off or red-color) to another ( high brightness, another color).

Currently, that is not “built-in”. Change color/brightness will do that “immediately”.
A workaround is to use OpenHab code and send a lot of http requests to each target-shelly with changing states (flooding the log etc).
Another approach (which I would prefer) is to have a transition timer built into the device. It is available in the Shelly dimmer, but not in the RGBW2.

I contacted the Shelly Support, but it seems this topic has not been added to the feature-list because people don’t think to need it.

How is it for you guys, don’t you need that?

If this thread becomes some love(likes), this might convince the developers@Shelly to add a transition timer to the feature list.

Best regards
PhiL

@papaPhiL,
I would sucgest to flash Tasmota on the device.
I think, Tasmota has this feature.

I also wrote to the Shelly team a longer time ago regarding this missing feature, since it is in my opinion an important feature which is currently not implemented in the RGBW2 firmware. But I think I they actually never sent an answer regarding this request to my ticket.
Well I still hope that this will get implemented in the future to further improve user experience.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.