Signal Binding, no possible uninstall Version 3.4.0 after Update

Hi coommunity,

i did the Update from OH3.4 to OH4 this week.
Now i can say nearly everything is working find, the only thing i missing is my working Signal binding.

I updated OH3.4 to OH4 on a Raspy3B+, did a Backup and load this Backup to a fresh install of OH4 on a Raspy4B.

The only problem left, is that i cannot unistall the old Signal Binding 3.4.0.xxx

Whats gonig on:
-Signal Binding in UI says “remove” when i click on it, it says install 4.0.0-4.9.9, after that Both Bindings are on my system
-Signal Binding 3.4.0 isn’t working
-Signal 4.0.0-4.9.9 isn’t working also
-bundle:list shows both versions
-bundle:unistall XXX is working, but after reboot OH, the binding is back.
-no difference when i’m cleanig the cache and delete temp folder
-no jar file for that binding in Addon folder
-Binding is not listet in addons.config
-I did a second complete fresh install, and the same problem appears

do you guys have any ideas where this f***** binding could be come from again and again…?

Did you check the marketplace folder in OPENHAB_USERDATA ( /var/lib/openhab ) ?

Hello,

There is a weird behaviour with the KAR format for addon on the marketplace (following a certain naming convention makes unexpected result, autoremoval and double display ?).
I’m not 100% sure, but I may have fixed it with the latest version I just uploaded this morning.
At least it doesn’t show up twice in my system anymore (I’m on 4.1.0, so take it with a grain of salt).

You can try to remove and reinstall it from the marketplace, and tell me if my new version does the trick.

Note : If you have some other issues, don’t hesitate to use the “main” marketplace signal thread, I receive notifications and can answer faster.

NB : I cannot answer to the other questions, I’m also at lost when trying to figure out where markeplace addons are stored :sweat_smile:

Hi,

thank you guys. At least i was able to remove the old signal Binding. Thanks for you answer Wolfgang, there was the old version located at OPENHAB_USERDATA.

I’m struggeling a bit at creating a new linked device, because no QR Code appears.
I will get it to work anyway, but heres my log. Maybe you have some input again :slight_smile: (I hope it’s readable)

2023-12-18 19:07:40.389 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'signal:signallinkedbridge:Signal_Melecsnummer' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2023-12-18 19:07:42.679 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool$PoolInitializationException: Failed to initialize pool: Error opening connection
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.throwPoolInitializationException(HikariPool.java:584) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.checkFailFast(HikariPool.java:571) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.<init>(HikariPool.java:98) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource.<init>(HikariDataSource.java:80) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.Database.getHikariDataSource(Database.java:104) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.Database.initDatabase(Database.java:33) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.AccountDatabase.init(AccountDatabase.java:42) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.lambda$29(SignalAccount.java:1225) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.getOrCreate(SignalAccount.java:1650) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.getAccountDatabase(SignalAccount.java:1223) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.lambda$23(SignalAccount.java:1209) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.getOrCreate(SignalAccount.java:1650) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.getKeyValueStore(SignalAccount.java:1209) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.loadLegacyFile(SignalAccount.java:561) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.load(SignalAccount.java:446) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.storage.SignalAccount.load(SignalAccount.java:188) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.SignalAccountFiles.initManager(SignalAccountFiles.java:97) ~[?:?]
	at org.asamk.signal.manager.SignalAccountFiles.initManager(SignalAccountFiles.java:84) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.signal.internal.protocol.SignalService.start(SignalService.java:147) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.signal.internal.handler.SignalBridgeHandler.checkAndStartServiceIfNeeded(SignalBridgeHandler.java:161) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840) ~[?:?]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Error opening connection
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:283) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.<init>(SQLiteConnection.java:67) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3Connection.<init>(JDBC3Connection.java:28) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.jdbc4.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:19) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.JDBC.createConnection(JDBC.java:104) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteDataSource.getConnection(SQLiteDataSource.java:464) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteDataSource.getConnection(SQLiteDataSource.java:456) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newConnection(PoolBase.java:360) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newPoolEntry(PoolBase.java:202) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.createPoolEntry(HikariPool.java:461) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.checkFailFast(HikariPool.java:550) ~[?:?]
	... 24 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: No native library found for os.name=Linux, os.arch=aarch64, paths=[/org/sqlite/native/Linux/aarch64:/var/lib/openhab/tmp/lib]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteJDBCLoader.loadSQLiteNativeLibrary(SQLiteJDBCLoader.java:363) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteJDBCLoader.initialize(SQLiteJDBCLoader.java:72) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.core.NativeDB.load(NativeDB.java:67) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.open(SQLiteConnection.java:280) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteConnection.<init>(SQLiteConnection.java:67) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.jdbc3.JDBC3Connection.<init>(JDBC3Connection.java:28) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.jdbc4.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:19) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.JDBC.createConnection(JDBC.java:104) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteDataSource.getConnection(SQLiteDataSource.java:464) ~[?:?]
	at org.sqlite.SQLiteDataSource.getConnection(SQLiteDataSource.java:456) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newConnection(PoolBase.java:360) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newPoolEntry(PoolBase.java:202) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.createPoolEntry(HikariPool.java:461) ~[?:?]
	at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.checkFailFast(HikariPool.java:550) ~[?:?]

What distribution do you use : Raspberry pi OS or openHABian ?
Which version ?
And is it 32 bits or 64 bits ?

You are the second user to have this issue, I would like to try to reproduce it.

Hi i’m using a Raspy 4B with 8GB Ram, with openHABian (4.0.4 Release Build) 32Bit.
Installed over “Raspberry Pi Imager”

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel = Linux 6.1.21-v8+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

With OH3.4 and the old binding everything is working btw.

EDIT: I also tried to create a Full Account with my sparenumber, but thats no working also.

Could it be that your kernel runs in 64 bit mode ( uname -m )
while userland ( applications ) run in 32 bit mode ( getconf LONG_BIT ) ?

I just installed the latest openHABian, 32 bit flavor, on a raspberry PI 3.
I had no issue and have been able to setup a signal linked account, first try.

Is there something about the PI 4 ?

Or could it be related to this issue ?
(I see, @Wolfgang_S , that you participate to this discussion).
You could maybe try the same approach to check the library extracted (with the ‘file’ command)

LONG_BIT = 32
uname = aarch64

i tried to add the mentioned lines in your linked Thread, but OH isn’t booting then anymore.

EDIT:
It’s Working again :slight_smile:

Adding: EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS=“-Dorg.sqlite.osinfo.architecture=armv7” to /etc/defaults/openhab was NOT the solution.

it was adding “arm_64bit=0” to /boot/config.txt and reboot.

now its running on 32bit Kernel. “armv71”
Also it’s much faster now

Thank you Guys for your help :smiley:

1 Like