[WARNING : BREAKING CHANGES]
- version 3.4.0 - BETA 4 Send image action now takes a new string argument in last position (for an accompanying text)
- Since the rewrite (version 3.4.0 - BETA 2), the new data model is not compatible with the old one. This means that you have to register again your bridge thing. You also have to delete / recreate your “linked” bridge thing, because a new parameter is now mandatory (the phone number).
The signal binding allows openHAB to exchange message with other Signal users.
- Dedicated account (if you have a spare number, such as landline), or an account linked to your mobile phone number.
- Register your account in two steps from within openHAB, no command line or extra manipulation (include verification code, QR code)
- Sending, receiving text messages (individual user for the moment, no group).
- Sending images
- Trigger event.
- A “send” action for your rules.
- Delivery and read notifications
See documentation in Resources section for setup.
- vocal validation issue, as stated here. I made a workaround,
but did not test it; the vocal registration will then take at least a minute.
- Sqlite issue for some users. Probably something with the way karaf/osgi load dependancies. Unfortunately despite my efforts I didn’t success in fixing it. Expert contributors welcome ! If you are on raspberry / arm and have sqlite error with incompatible .so, you can try the workaround here.
- Possible issue with Raspberry pi OS 64 bits. The 64 bit library included for the raspberry pi is compiled with libc6 version 2.33, which could be higher that yours. A user reports a working binding, but if you experience issue, please let me know.
The raspberry pi 32 bits OS should be fine, as well as openhabian (feedback welcome)
Feedback welcome (do not hesitate to tell me if it works !)
I will hopefully make a pull request, to include it officialy in openHAB.
Contribution welcome ! There is so much to do :
- Group messaging
- … suggestions welcome
Action for sending image now include an accompanying text
Fix an error that forced to use vocal validation (which is broken)
Try to fix vocal validation with a workaround found on openhab-cli forum
Compatiblity with openHAB 3.4.x and openHAB 4.0
New feature : action to send images (see documentation)
Full rewrite using the signal-cli library as a code base.
Fix : Connection issue following unknown changes on the whisper server side around the 6 december.
Fix : In all messages sent from the binding, the sender should now be apparent with the name you setup.
Fix : You can now send “note to yoursel” (if you use your full number : notification ON. if you use the special recipient “self” : no notification)
New : Delivery and Read status (both ways)
Fix PushNetworkException - javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException
(And some other too verbose exceptions in log)
Dedicated account, linked account.
Basic messages (send, receive)
I strongly encourage you to contribute if you can, because it could take ages before I have the time to implement other features.
If you want to contribute, here is some information : this binding uses the signal-cli project “lib” part as a codebase, rewritten for java 11 (java 17 pure codebase is used for the next openHAB 4 version). Signal-cli use the underlying library com.github.turasa:signal-service-java. It includes the native library from exquo/signal-libs-build on github, and libsignal-client on gitlab.