[silvercrestwifisocket] 433MHz slave devices

Hi there openHAB comunity!

I think this is a really simple question.

There are two types of “EasyHome” sockets on the German market. The WiFi “master” and the 433.92MHz “slaves”. The [silvercrestwifisocet] is capable of controlling the WiFi Master plugs. But i can’t find an exsample for the slaves despite there was someone on Github saying he got it working. Source

Is there a public beta or some example for the things-file?

Thanks for your replies
Henrik!

@hergon93

Maybe you could ask:

e.g. you could send a message to him?

Well - seems fair.

I’ll update this thread if i get an answer.

Hi @hergon93,

I’ve already got it working, see my fork branch in https://github.com/Ronson1909/openhab2-addons/tree/1990-AddSlaveFunctionality but it’d need merging from current master or rebasing and testing. And it doesn’t provide a way to identify the slave address, that’s a bit tricky for the normal user.
Unfortunately, I have little time right now. If you want to and are able to, you can try to finish my efforts. Maybe I find some time in the next weeks or months.

Regards, Christian

Hallo Christian,

habe soeben als Anfänger OpenHAB 4 im LXC Container und den ALDI/LIDL WifiStecker zum laufen gebracht und bin jetzt über das Problem gestolpert, dass die Slaves nicht per default bekannt/erreichbar sind…

Ich habe zwar dein Projekt auf GitHub gefunden und habe (leider) Dein Kommentar über das Problem der unbekannten Slave-Adresse gesehen. Mal ganz davon abgesehen, dass ich nicht wüsste, wie ich Deinen Code in mein OpenHAB bringen sollte…

Falls Du noch interesse an der Weiterführung hast und einen Tester brauchst, bin ich gerne bereit Dich zu unterstützen. Bin in der Lage z.B. mit Wireshark Daten für Analysen zu extrahieren.

Eine Idee wie wir anfangen könnten: Es gibt einen Such-Modus beim Master - da können sich fremde 433MHz Stecker anmelden (z.B. die billigen vom OBI)
Sprich in dem Moment wird eine Art Broadcast-Signal in der Luft gesucht, über den der Slave sich meldet. Der Master liest die Daten und schreibt die Adresse in die “App” bzw. die DB vom Hersteller…
Wenn wir den Suchmodus starten könnten, könnte man im nächsten Schritt den Broadcast vom Slave starten usw.
Wie gesagt, ich würde mich freuen Anteil daran zu haben und ein paar Euros durch Recycling der alten Hardware zu sparen :slight_smile:

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße!
Michael Schäfer

English please, this is an international community!

Hello Christian,

as a beginner, I have just got OpenHAB 4 running in a LXC container and the ALDI/LIDL Wifi plug and have now stumbled across the problem that the slaves are not known/accessible by default…

I found your project on GitHub and (unfortunately) saw your comment about the problem of the unknown slave address. Not to mention that I wouldn’t know how to get your code into my OpenHAB…

If you are still interested in continuing and need a tester, I am happy to support you. I am able to extract data for analysis with Wireshark, for example.

An idea how we could start: There is a search mode on the master - external 433MHz plugs can register (e.g. the cheap ones from OBI)
In other words, at that moment a kind of broadcast signal is searched for in the air, via which the slave reports. The master reads the data and writes the address to the “app” or the manufacturer’s DB…
If we could start the search mode, we could start the broadcast from the slave in the next step and so on.
As I said, I would be happy to have a share in this and save a few euros by recycling the old hardware

Many thanks and best regards!
Michael Schäfer