Simatic binding with Siemens Logo 0BA7

Hello,

I’m new to openHAB and trying to get my Siemens Logo 0BA7 to work with openHAB. First I tried the plclogo-Binding which worked well, but it seems it has an hard bug when simultaneously reading and writing to the Logo. This happens when Logo is refreshed (read) and the same time a write (I send every 55 seconds a heartbeat to my Logo) occured. After some hours there happened so much failures that the Logo itself crashes. I have to power off and restart the Logo and after that transfer the complete program into the Logo memory again!

Now I tried the Simatic binding and it seems to work without crashing the Logo. But there are three little problems left:

1. The port states are interchanged. They are “CLOSED” when they are open in real and “OPEN” when they are closed.
  2. With every refresh (every second) all Items are updated - even if they haven’t changed. This runs Rules every second, raises RasPi utilization extreme and the logs are getting extreme big.
  3. New Items are only recognized after restarting openHAB.

Does somebody use the Simatic binding and could help me? :slight_smile:

My config:
RaspberryPi 3 B with Rasbian Jessie
openHAB 1.8.3
Siemens Logo 0BA7
Simatic binding 1.90 Snapshot V1.1.0

Thanks for your help,
BlackAlpha

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english. I’m a little bit out of practice… :smile:

You should report this as a bug on the binding’s github.

Change the triggers of your rules to Item MyItem changed instead of Item MyItem received update and they will only trigger when the Item actually changes.

Sorry for my late answer, I was very busy the last few weeks. :unamused:

I misunderstood the port states, everything is fine. It was my fault. :grin:

This works fine!

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

Greetz,
BlackAlpha

How could I miss that there was a “Simatic Binding” to Openhab. I have a Siemens S7-300 which is just waiting for me to get any brilliant ideas. I think I just got one :grin: Thanks for the heads-up :+1: