Simple Setpoint problem - guess a general UI Problem? Up / Down buttons miss clicks

Hi guys,

I noticed a simple problem on setting up a Setpoint in sitemap in my example for a temperature switch. Example:

Setpoint item=wz_wt_setTmp minValue=10 maxValue=22 step=0.5

No further rules, no complicated setup. A simple Item:

Number	wz_wt_setTmp	"Solltemperatur [%.1f °C]"	<temperature>	(wz)	{channel="homematic:HG-HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:03ac69b4:OEQ1674380:2#SET_TEMPERATURE"}

Now, when clicking up or down arrows the Temperature is NOT changed on every click, instead I need 6-8 clicks to change from 18°C to 20°C. It depends a little on the speed klicking up or down.
After that it is possible that the binded Thermostat has not the 20°C, instead has 20.5°C .

The reason for this is easy found: on every click on a up or down arrow an http request from the UI is fired immediatelly. Think this is simply too much requests in a short time causing this problem. I also found in the log that sometimes the given “commands” are simply fired twice (see below), I think its a reason of the many http requests.
In my Opinion this is a problem with the Setpoint functionality, but is there anyone facing the same problem or anyone having an idea to fix this? For example giving the Setpoint Feature a little “delay” before triggering a http request.

Thanks for any comment or help…

Log for this Example (simplyfied)
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 18.5
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 18.5
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp changed from 18.00 to 18.5
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 18.5 — second click fires same value as first click
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 18.5
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 19
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 19
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp changed from 18.5 to 19
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 19.5
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 19.5
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp changed from 19 to 19.5
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 19.5 — this click also fires same value as click before
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 19.5
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 20
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 20
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp changed from 19.5 to 20
[INFO ] Item ‘wz_wt_setTmp’ received command 20.5
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp predicted to become 20.5
[INFO ] wz_wt_setTmp changed from 20 to 20.5 — now the UI just reached the “20”

I’d guess that is because the updated new Item value has not yet been fed back to the UI setpoint widget. so the second click is ‘up’ or ‘down’ from the same starting value.

Maybe the widget “button” should stay “pressed” until an update comes back or a timeout occurs.
Or it should calculate/apply a new value locally.

Hi!
I’m new to updating widgets in the UI. Thanks for posting this example. I am looking to do something similar for a PID controller I created. Did you get this figured out? If so what was the answer?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Hi @Alexander_Koberl,

indeed, I have the same issue on my setup, got a Homematic device behind the setpoin. My sitemap entry looks just as simple as yours:

Setpoint    item=target_temperature step=0.5 minValue=17 maxValue=30

My item looks like this:

Number target_temperature  "Soll-Temperatur [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (OG_Kinderzimmer)     { channel="homematic:HmIP-HEATING:ccu:INT0000002:1#SET_POINT_TEMPERATURE"}

Did you find any solution on that? I helpded myself and used a slider for controlling the temperature. But a real setpoint would be much nicer (as you cant see the correct value in a slider).

I´m wondering if anyone else has this kind of issues - I cant imaging that we´re the only ones who stepped into that!?

regards
Daniel

Try adding autoupdate=“false” in the item definition.
Eg:

Number:Temperature Office_Setpoint “Set Temperature [%.1f %unit%]” { channel=“radiothermostat:thermostat:5555:setpoint”,autoupdate=“false” }