Sitemap _default.sitemap not loaded?

After upgrading to “openHAB 2.2.0 Build #983” from OH 2.1 my default sitemap stopped working. In the logs when I change something it does not list any issues just “Refresh sitemap”…

In order to troubleshoot I copied _default.sitemap to _default2.sitemap and was able to successfully load it in Basic UI and Classic UI, while _default.sitemap just shows a bunch of things rather than loading the sitemap file.

Is this a known issue?

I wouldn’t use the name _default for a user defined sitemap. This name is already used internally by openHAB2 and it is created dynamically to display your Things (for example in the control tabs of PaperUI)

Create a new file called master.sitemap in /etc/openhab2/sitemaps/ and use the same name as the filename:

sitemap master label="master sitemap"
{
<some sitemap stuff here>
}

You can then set it as the default sitemap by navigating to PaperUI → Configuration → Services → UI → Basic UI → Configure → Default Sitemap = master

Ps: You can always edit the existing sitemap file (rename it and change the first line with the sitemap name to match the filename)

Thanks. So it was just a mis-understanding on my side. Thanks for clarification!!!

1 Like