• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi3 Plus
    • Java Runtime Environment: 17
    • openHAB version:4.0.4
  • Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • KNX Items
    • Sitemap for BasicUi

Hi, I had a stable PI3 running OH2 and the upgraded to OH3. By mistake I upgraded to OH4, and then it failed. Did a clean install using the OH4 image 4.0.3, copied over my sitemaps, kinx items, addon files, thing files.

The Basic UI doesnt seem to be picking up Group Items, from the sitemap. It use to work under OH3

}
    Frame label="Temperatures" {
        Group item=Thermostat
    }
    Frame label="Ground Floor" icon="groundfloor" {
        Group item=GF_Bathroom
        Group item=GF_Bedroom
        Group item=GF_Office
        Group item=GF_Hallway
        Group item=GF_Stairwell

}
Frame label=“Temperatures” {
Group item=Thermostat
}
Frame label=“Ground Floor” icon=“groundfloor” {
Group item=GF_Bathroom
Group item=GF_Bedroom
Group item=GF_Office
Group item=GF_Hallway
Group item=GF_Stairwell
}

Any guidance? Is there a bug in OH4? 

Many thanks

Sorry also on the fontail logs, as soon as you try to use basicui, the logs come up with errors as follows

2023-09-24 18:04:02.473 [WARN ] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'F4_Stairwell' for widget org.openhab.core.model.sitemap.sitemap.Group

There is a whole string of these errors for each group item.

Did you check that F4_Stairwell exists and is loaded? Check it with Main UI in items page.

No, I havent even looked at the Main UI at all. All my items, and things are on the main ui. Is there a tutorial? What config file would I need to edit?

MainUi is the place to configure openHAB since OH3.
For documentation start reading the Getting Started Documentation

Thanks, it doesn’t help much. I would assume that sitemaps, items and things would have loaded automatically, from my text based files. It hasn’t…

On the main UI, when press overview there are clearly no locations defined. I assume then that the groups haven’t loaded then?

Could I create say a model.items file, with the new group reference, tags etc. Would that load up, and get my old basic UI, working again?

Also I note on the location tags, that the tags only go up to third floor. I live in a converted tower, and I have 7 floors. This doesn’t help, perhaps I could create a request?

I have now created a model.items using the group syntax’s and tags, and it loading the locations on the basicui. The strange thing is if I use a bathroom tag, the basicui, will not pickup the icon, but If I shorten it to bath it will load the bathroom icon.

When I do get round to writing an items file with the scemantic model coding, would I need to delete my default item map?