Sitemap design makes invalid code

I’m finding that if I create selection item mappings that contain odd characters such as < or spaces via the design tab and then subsequently try to use the code tab, it throws errors because they aren’t contained inside quotes.

Example:

Selection item=LivingRoomHeatPump_WideVane mappings=[<<="<<",<="<",|="|",>=">",>>=">>",SWING="SWING"]
Switch item=HarmonyHub_currentActivity mappings=[PowerOff="Off",Watch Video on XBox One="Video",Play Game on XBox One="Game"]
Error: Syntax error at line 107 col 78:

Selection item=LivingRoomHeatPump_WideVane mappings=[<
                                                                               ^
Unexpected lt token: "<". Instead, I was expecting to see one of the following:

If I “fix” the items to have quotes, save, go to design and come right back, the quotes are gone with the errors returned. This makes bulk work via code painful as I have to fix these issues each time.

I suspect I should open an issue but I’m not sure where that would go? Just the Issues · openhab/openhab-core (github.com)?

As this is about “sitemap editor” I think it’s a UI issue.

Ah so openhab/openhab-webui: Web UIs of openHAB (github.com)

This is why I asked. Thanks!

And look at that, one already existed. Syntax validation errors when command mappings contain whitespace · Issue #748 · openhab/openhab-webui (github.com)

1 Like

I’m currently having the same error on an openHAB 4.0.3 installation. Investigating on this i came across this github issue:

which is marked as closed and fixed by this pull request:

I’m a little confused how to handle this - should i open a new issue on github referencing the above mentioned issue and pr or should i just reopen the old issue?

regards,

Christoph

In the end i created a new issue on Github: