Sitemaps and dimmer group

Using openhabian.

I have defined the following items:

Group Livingroom "Livingroom"
Group:Dimmer Indirects "Deccos" (Livingroom)
Dimmer Plug_2_Dim "Decco Rt" (Indirects) {channel="zwave:device:16500637f6a:node2:switch_dimmer"}
Dimmer Plug_3_Dim "Plug 3 Dimmer" (Indirects) {channel="zwave:device:16500637f6a:node3:switch_dimmer"}

Then in my sitemap:

Frame label="Places" {
        Group item=Bedroom
        Group item=Livingroom
    }

This produces this in the sitemap:

But, in Livingroom I get a Deccos group and in it dimmers for Plug_2/3.

What I’m going for is a Deccos dimmer that controls both plugs.

Do I need to do a dimmer for Deccos (i.e. Dimmer, instead of Group:Dimmer) as a member of Livingroom and a rule to watch the Deccos dimmer?

You’ll need to be more specific in your sitemap to get what you’re after. Groups will always default to a Group item and display their members, even if they have a type.

Slider item=Indirects

I usually use something like this…

Switch item=Indirects mappings=[0="Off", 1="1%", 25="25%", 50="50%", 100="100%"]

I’m missing something (probably obvious).

I see specifying that in the sitemap controls all the members of the Indirects group.

But how do I get that control to show up in the Livingroom tab in the sitemap?

You can’t… Livingroom is a Group item, which displays it’s members, including Indirect. Indirect is also a group item, so it displays it’s members. If you want to control a group, you need to specify it in the sitemap so that it isn’t displayed as a Group item.

Using Group items is handy, but you have much more control by specifically coding up the sitemap. I use both in my sitemap, but prefer HabPanel.

I see that and I’ve tinkered with HABPanel as well. And will probably use a combination of both at some point.

At this point though, the OH Android app formats the sitemap way better than HABPanel (different aspect ratios and HP gets all messed up…)

I did accomplish what I wanted, tough this might be a bit convoluted…

In .items:

Group Livingroom "Livingroom"
Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) All_Lights "All Lights On/Off"
Dimmer Indirects "Deccos" (Livingroom)
Group Decco "Decco Lights"
Switch Plug_2_Swt "Decco Rt" (All_Lights,Livingroom) {channel="zwave:device:16500637f6a:node2:switch_dimmer"}
Dimmer Plug_2_Dim "Decco Rt" (Livingroom,Decco) {channel="zwave:device:16500637f6a:node2:switch_dimmer"}
Switch Plug_9_Swt "Decco Lt" (All_Lights,Livingroom) {channel="zwave:device:16500637f6a:node9:switch_dimmer"}
Dimmer Plug_9_Dim "Decco Lt" (Livingroom, Decco) {channel="zwave:device:16500637f6a:node9:switch_dimmer"}

Then a rule:

rule "Control Deccos"
when
    Item Indirects changed
then
    Decco.sendCommand(Indirects.state as Number)
    logInfo("Control Deccos", Indirects.state.toString)
end

and the sitemap:

Frame label="Places" {
        Group item=Bedroom
        Group item=Livingroom
    }

Thanks for the help.