SkyQ Receiver Binding [3.2.0;3.9.0)

Definitely it should. I’ve tested your thing and item definitions and they work fine for me (with replaced IP and corrected channel name).

I’d suggest to try the following:

• Check logs for any warning/error messages
  • Check that binding is installed (should be removable)
  • Re-install binding
  • Create thing and item(s) from UI

Not getting errors in the logs. How do I configure so that your binding produces it’s own log file?

I’ve re-installed the binding a number of times and still no joy. I’m not able to created the Thing via the UI.

Just a thought, what version of Java do you have installed? I wonder if there that could be an issue?

For setting up an own log file edit the file userdata/etc/log4j2.xml as follows:

<Appenders>
    <!-- SkyQbinding appender -->
    <RollingFile fileName="${sys:openhab.logdir}/skyq.log" filePattern="${sys:openhab.logdir}/skyq-%d{yyyyMMdd-HHmmss}.log" name="SKYQ">
        <PatternLayout pattern="%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%-5.5p] [%-36.36c] - %m%n"/>
        <Policies>
            <OnStartupTriggeringPolicy/>
            <SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy size="16 MB"/>
        </Policies>
    </RollingFile>
</Appenders>

<Loggers>

<Logger additivity="false" level="DEBUG" name="org.openhab.binding.skyq">
        <AppenderRef ref="SKYQ"/>
    </Logger>
</Loggers>

My OH 3.2 runtime on Raspberry Pi 4 uses Java 11.0.9.1 (Zulu11.43), and on my Windows dev machine Oracle Java Runtime 11.0.2 (18.9). Have you just recently upgraded to OH 3, because OH3 requires Java runtime 11 and 'I doubt it could run with any lower version.

Thanks for that @andan. I’m lucky to have a server running VMWare and just decided to create a fresh install. Tried the binding and it’s working as expected, so clearly it’s something not quite right with my existing server. Time for a migration it seems.

Thanks for responding and keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

Great Binding !!!

Can I also change the volume via Control command?

As far as I know there is no direct way to control the volume via a Sky Q control command.

I have an interesting issue… Command Up doesn’t work. Left right down work but up doesn’t work. Are you know why? Using 3.2.0 installed binding via market and setup via gui.
ChannelState and TransporState are UNDEF.

I can confirm that the up issue is a bug. I will provide a fix shortly.

Are you experiencing other issues or strange behaviour? I’m asking because you mentioned the Channel and Transport states. These are initially set to UNDEF until the physical state is retreived from the device.

Thanks! I will test other things within next day. Then I’ll give feedback.
If I use Apps are they visible to title and transport?

Not yet, but that is on my to do list (assuming this is possible at all).

Unfortunately, there is no official documentation regarding the control of the SkyQ receiver over IP, and I’m completley relying on the work of others. This means I can’t make any promises regarding the supported featues of the binding going forward.

It’s great that you invest time into this! We will see what the future take to us.

I’ve published a new version that fixes the up command issue.

Thank you very much. Will give a try tomorrow.

Great, UP Command works now.
TransportState and ChannelTitle stay UNDEF. I’ve tried with pause at live tv and play but TransportState stay on UNDEF. I don’t get any ChannelTitle. Stay also on UNDEF. Using this with freeTV channels and payTV. Are you know which TV channel work with it?

Hi all,

This thread is a few months old now but I’ve just stumbled onto it.

I’ve installed the binding and I’ve got Status of Offline and Communication_Error: not reachable.

The SkyQ box is on a static IP, 192.168.1.50

UID: skyq:skyqreceiver:SkyQ
label: SkyQ Receiver
thingTypeUID: skyq:skyqreceiver
configuration:
  configurablePresets: true
  hostname: 192.168.1.50
  retryInterval: 60
  checkStatusInterval: 60
  refreshInterval: 30

Can’t see what I’ve done wrong…is this binding still working and if so…any pointers???

Hi,

The SkyQ binding should still work at least for UK, Germany, and Italy.
Definitely it works for my German box with latest firmware.

As simple check you could try to receive the system information with the following link: http://192.168.1.50:9006/as/system/information

You could also enable debug logging for the binding to get some more information. I’m happy to review the logs once available.

I’m also in Germany and I use the binding since several months, nothing changed, it is still working. I just never could get the statusChannels#currentChannelTitle and statusChannels#currentTransportState to work. I tried reinstalling several times but finally gave up.

Same for me in Germany.

The issue with the current title and transport state channels will be fixed in the next release of the binding, which I plan to make available within the next 1-2 weeks.

This release will also include some minor enhancements (e.g. defining macros for control commands, improved power on/off handling, show current programm information).

1 Like

A new release is available (see initial post). The ‘show current programme’ feature will be provided in a later release.