Slider and Temperature Control

Hi there,

just a, perhabs silly, question about how to control a heating thermostat.

I could set the item (Homematic in my case) to number and set it in the sitemap as setpoint - then in the web ui my heating is shown with two buttons (one for up and one for down).

When I set the item as a dimmer and then use a slider in sitemap the sider is shown correct but the actual “level” (degrees in my case) is not shown.

How Could I combine the text and the slider?

In the screenshot I´ve attached you see on the right side the slider and on the left site the up/down buttons…

If “%.1f °C” is shown in the ui you likely have a typo somewhere.
You should post your items and sitemap definition.

I’m going to guess he needs to add the [ ]

Hey there,

here is my items definition:

Dimmer  WZ_Ist "Bad4 [%s]"
 { channel="homematic:HM-CC-TC:LiNaDo_ID:HEQ0508540:2#SETPOINT" }

Number  WZ_Soll "Bad5 [%s]"
 { channel="homematic:HM-CC-TC:LiNaDo_ID:HEQ0508540:2#SETPOINT" }

And here is my sitemap definition:

Frame label="Temperatur wählen" {
        Slider item=WZ_Soll label="Wassertemperatur Soll [%.1f °C]" step=0.5 minValue=1 maxValue=30
        Setpoint item=WZ_Ist label="Wassertemperatur Ist [%.1f °C]" step=0.1 minValue=4 maxValue=7
    }

Makes this the things clearer?

1 Like

Try to define a label either in your items file OR in your sitemaps file, not in both.

Dimmer WZ_Ist "Wassertemperatur Ist [%.1f °C]" { channel="homematic:HM-CC-TC:LiNaDo_ID:HEQ0508540:2#SETPOINT" }

Number WZ_Soll "Wassertemperatur Soll [%.1f °C]" { channel="homematic:HM-CC-TC:LiNaDo_ID:HEQ0508540:2#SETPOINT" }

Frame label="Temperatur wählen" {
            Slider item=WZ_Soll step=0.5 minValue=1 maxValue=30
            Setpoint item=WZ_Ist step=0.1 minValue=4 maxValue=7
        }

Hi, thanks for replying.

But for sad the value of the slider is still not shown:

What a I doing wrong?

My dimmer shows the correct value with “[%d %%]”, so try

Number WZ_Soll "Wassertemperatur Soll [%d %%]" { channel="homematic:HM-CC-TC:LiNaDo_ID:HEQ0508540:2#SETPOINT" }

Thanks, now the slider is put to the correct position. Is there a solution to show the value like a “String” next to the slider? It should be like a combination of slider and string.

Hi sihui,

Could you perhaps give me a hint, whats going wrong or what I could do to show the actual level/temperature next to the slider.

Greetings
Dominic

I don’t know because with the item definition I gave you it’s working for me, at least in the Classic UI:

Classic UI:

Although in Habdroid and Basic UI it does not show the value …
Habdroid

BasicUI:

Hi Guys,

Im using a slider for a air con set point, I can get it to display fine, but when I click the slider to a position, it changes to it correctly, then changes back to the original set point. I have to do this twice to make it stick? Any thought as to why? Odd

11:22:54.654 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'DaikinACUnit_SetPoint' received command 24
11:22:54.655 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - DaikinACUnit_SetPoint predicted to become 24
11:22:54.655 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - DaikinACUnit_SetPoint changed from 31.0 °C to 24.0 °C
11:22:55.199 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - DaikinACUnit_SetPoint changed from 24.0 °C to 31.0 °C

<div class="slider-div" style="text-align:center !important" ng-init='DaikinACUnit_SetPoint={"name": "Air Temp", "item": "DaikinACUnit_SetPoint", 
                    "floor" : 18,
                    "ceil": 36,
                    "step": 1,
                    "hidelabel" : "true",
                    "hidelimits": "true",
                    }'>
                    <widget-slider ng-model="DaikinACUnit_SetPoint" />
</div>

Thanks!

Autoupdate changes your Item to the new value.
Your binding changes it back to the old value a half second later.
The UI displays what it is told - not a UI issue.

Usually means the device responds to a command with it’s existing state, and then actions the command afterwards.

Thanks rossko57 so not something I can resolve?

No idea. What kind of stuff is your DaikinACUnit_SetPoint bound to?

The item is:

Number:Temperature DaikinACUnit_SetPoint    "Air Temperature"  (Group_HabPanel_Dashboard) { channel="daikin:airbase_ac_unit:ducted_ac:settemp", alexa="ThermostatController.targetSetpoint" [scale="Celsius"] }

It’s not unknown for bindings to unwantedly force a cached state onto your Item. I’ve no reason to suspect Alexa here, but you may as well eliminate that possible source.
Just make another Item with the same daikin channel (only) and see when that gets updated to a new value (if ever).

I know nothing about daikin binding or the behaviour of your device.
This is a polling binding, isn’t it? Do you ever get your expected status?
What you might like is a poll-after-command feature, possibly with adjustable delay.
You might be able to simulate that in rules, if the binding honours REFRESH commands to channels for an arbitrary poll.

Yes, the expected status after I do the command twice ie manipulate it via the slider. Sounds like @Paul_Smedley may have an idea as it may be binding specific

Thanks rossko57

Can you add a dirty rule hack…
Ie you issue a send command but the binding probably issues an ‘Update’
So you could create a rule that’s triggered on command to override it and post the update a second later?
Don’t know about the Daikin binding but may be a workaround for now