Slider returns wrong values

i am running openHAB 2.5.1-2 (Release Build) on a Rasperry Pi.
i am using the MQTT broker mosquitto too.

Most things work fine and i am trying to work with HABPanel. Using Knob Widgets also work fine but using a slider Widget makes strange effects. My slider range is form 0 to 1 and if i publish to the MQTT Broker “stateR6=0.5” the slider changes to value 0.5
But: if i push the slider in HABPanel e.g. to value 0.2 i recieve the command: “commandR6=0.5” and the slider jumps back to 0.5. this effekt happens many times but sometimes the correct value is published and recieved and the value changes correct.
Paper UI works korrekt with R6.
Has anyone an idea?

x.items:
Number R6 “R6” {channel=“mqtt:topic:R6:R6”}

x.things:
Bridge mqtt:broker:MQTTBroker “MQTTBroker” [ host=“127.0.0.1”, port=1883, secure=false, username=“openhabian”, password="", clientID=“openHAB2”, qos=“1” ]
{
Things:
mqtt:topic:R6 “R6” {Channels: Type number : R6 “R6” [stateTopic=“stateR6”, commandTopic=“commandR6”]}
}

I am new in this community and hope not to violate rules.

I suggest looking in your events.log and showing us what happens to your Item there. You can expect to see commands from your UI, and state updates.

1. the slider shows 0.9
  2. i click 0.5 on slider, following happens:

2020-03-09 10:14:43.257 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘R6’ received command 0.9
2020-03-09 10:14:43.281 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - R6 predicted to become 0.9

1. during clicking to 0.5 the slider shows 0.5
  2. at the end the slider shows 0.9 again

Okay, so now you know it’s nothing to do with openHAB server or MQTT etc.
HABpanel is sending that command; there’s something about the widget that is not doing as you expect. Is “clicking” on a slider expected to the same as “sliding” it? I don’t know.

I don’t use HABpanel, so over to someone else. They might want to know how you configured your widget.

thx for your support. clicking and sliding is the same behavior. the slider widget is very simpel, so i do not believe that some configuration could be wrong.

Hi, I have the same issue. I had problems with jumping back sliders also in the older OH releases, but just sometimes. Now with the 2.5.0 release it has become a lot worse than before. Any solution recommended?

Same issue here…is there already any solution for this issue?

What “same issue”? Jumping sliders, unexpected MQTT messages?

Has anybody had any luck with this issue?
I have a basic slider controlling a value from 0 to 100. Sometimes I click on the slide to change it from 50 to 25, the slide moves, the “received command” is triggered in my Rule, but the receivedCommand value is the older 50. The slide then jumps back to the 50 mark.

I think its a browser/javascript issue, I can click and drag the slider around, without letting go of the mouse click, it pops back to the original 50.

You can see a video of the behaviour here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EXX0R-ctMiCFnV2_SIkBJ5RaIgq_nbSn/view?usp=sharing

I am running the latest version of Chrome.

The same thing happens in the latest version of Edge as well.

Same suggestion