Hello OH community,
I don’t know if I am right with the placed topic here, but probably anyone other may have/had this issue and maybe solved. Specs below.
As I am using an IR touchpanel for accessing OH3 via browser on the same hardware itself (Raspberry 4 with 4 GB RAM), I had to post-installed a GUI. I decided to LightDM, cause its a simple and lightweight GUI and because of running OH3 in Midori browser in fullscreen as well.
Before I was using only the (now) Raspberry 4 with OH3 incl. GUI and Tochscreen access, I used a Raspberry 2 with OH3 and a Raspberry 3 with Touchscreen for accessing OH3 on the Raspi 2.
Now, after the switch to just one Raspberry, I am disappointed of the performance, but I have the assumption, that it is inhibited with Openhab or Raspbian basic configuration in conifg.txt file, as it’s intended to run headless.
e.g. When I access the Openhab Website in Midori Browser, it responses with delay and takes some seconds after input. Webserver itself runs smoothly, cause on other deviced openhab responses immediately wihout any delay.
If you like to have logs or configuration files, I can provide some.
- Platform information:
- Board: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5 - 4GB RAM
- Hardware: QuadCore ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) / 4GB RAM with Shared-Memory: arm=896M / gpu=128M
- OS: Linux openhabian 5.10.103-v7l+ #1530 SMP Tue Mar 8 13:05:01 GMT 2022 armv7l
- Java Runtime Environment: openjdk 11.0.14 2022-01-18 / OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.14+9-post-Raspbian-1deb11u1)
- openHAB version: Version 3.2.0 (Build)
- Issue of the topic: Slow running (post)installed GUI / LightDM
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- not applicable as its a general issue