I am thinking about attending the Smart Home Day and contributing one ore more topics.
- Rademacher DuoFern via Fhem and MQTT
- combining with Kodi and external beats-per-minute-DB
The last topics might be more “arduino” related than “openhab”, but I still think they fit the theme of “Smart Home”.
More than the above mentioned topics I would like to propose an idea I came up with regarding an open smart bulb protocol.
I think it would be great to have a open standard to communicate with DIY LED-wifi-devices.
The only solutions I can find requre a smarthome and/or mqtt server or use some kind of emulation to mimic a LIFX or Philips Hue bulb.
So I think I could present my idea in hope of finding developers that would help to create such standard protocol (with an Arduino library and a openhab binding maybe).
But the are a few things I need to address first:
- I don’t think I would be able to bring a working demo for any of these projects
- I won’t have much time to create a good presentation
- I never did a big presentation (let alone in english)
- What project should I focus on? I don’t think we would have time for everything.
- How much time is planed for each presentation? What about discussions for each project?
- Is this even the right target group for arduino projects?
- Is this the right target group for my
open smart bulb protocolproposal?