Smart Home Day on October 22

All,

It is my pleasure to announce that the openHAB Foundation will host another Smart Home Day this year!
After a successfully event in Darmstadt in May this year, we are now cooperating with the Eclipse Foundation and Deutsche Telekom as a sponsor and will co-locate the Smart Home Day with EclipseCon Europe in Ludwigsburg (close to Stuttgart), Germany. The “Forum am Schlosspark” is a great venue, which also guarantees us a perfect catering during the whole day.

We are still working on the details of the agenda, but I can promise you that we will have pretty interesting content. But as for many good conferences, an extremely valuable part will be the chance to meet people in person - and the good news is that we will have many ESH and openHAB maintainers on site, so you can finally learn who is really behind those Github handles and ask all your questions you never dared to post on Github.

As EclipseCon Europe is a pretty international conference and we also expect quite some international guests for the Smart Home Day, the event will be done fully in English. As space is limited and we want to avoid no-shows, we ask for a small registration fee of 19 EUR (fully refundable up to 30 days before the event). Please register for the event at https://smarthomeday.eventbrite.com. I am looking forward to seeing you there!

Best regards,
Kai

P.S.: We scheduled the event from 11am-5pm, so that people can travel the same day. For the ones that come a longer distance and need a hotel, my recommendation is the Ibis Ludwigsburg, which is conveniently located close to the train station and within walking distance of the venue.

P.P.S.: For the ones that stay in Ludwigsburg on Sunday night, please make sure to also check the “Informal Evening” option on the registration page - I will then reserve space in a nearby restaurant, so that we can have many more discussions over a beer!

15 Likes

I’ll see you there! :+1: (registration #660447053)

Beer drinking session after 5pm is in the plans? :beers:

@george.erhan

2 Likes

It seems you missed to also book the additional free ticket for the “Informal Evening”! So whoever will stay in the evening, make sure to select both options :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great. Nearly in my neighborhood.
See you there!

3 Likes

fixed it ! :slight_smile:

I guess we will have an interesting time! I’ll be there!
I promise I will behave! :wink:

2 Likes

See you there everyone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m spotting a theme - German beer - now that’s always worth travelling for :wink:

5 Likes

I won’t make it this time as we’re flying out for Japan vacation early Monday morning. I wish you guys a lot of fun though!

hah to meet the zwave masterchief I might go there :wink:

Countdown Timer - Countdown to 22 Oct 2017 11:00 in Darmstadt
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=992&iso=20171022T11&msg=Smart+Home+Day#

Looking forward to meet with you folks. You can count on me :beers:.

4 Likes

Would love to attend but I’m in au!

All,

We have just published the preliminary agenda, see https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/smarthome.
I am pretty excited to welcome @ThomDietrich, @kubawolanin, @chris, @MARZIMA, @sjka and @jo_hiller from our community as speakers at the event! It’ll be awesome to meet everyone in person, so don’t miss it!

If you read the agenda carefully, you will see that the last block is marked as t.b.d. “Community sessions”. This is where we want YOU!
Our idea is to have (short) presentations from different community members that have built something extraordinary or unusual with openHAB - I regularly read about astonishing setups from users here and I think many of them are really worth to be shared. So please let me know, if you would want to present your setup/installation/use-case - either through a PM or directly here in this topic.

And please don’t be shy: I know that oneself usually doesn’t think that he has build anything special; from the outside, this very often makes a very different impression. So if in doubt, please rather ask, if it is of interest, instead of being quiet! Also, if you know about someone else who did something cool, get in contact with him and tell him about our event.

If you want to share something, but cannot make it in person to the Smart Home Day on October 22, don’t worry: You could also prepare a video or some slides - we will try to make everything possible.

I am looking forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:
Kai

8 Likes

Any chance of a stream from the event or recordings put up later?

Agreed, worth the 3h drive. Let’s see how Ludwigsburger beer fares against Darmstädter :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I will be there too :slight_smile: Booked today.

3 Likes

Nope, sorry, we most likely won’t have the necessary equipment available.