Smart Home Day - umweltplakette & transportation

Just today I realise that I will need an umweltplakette for my car in Germany. Any tips where I can get them close to Ludwigsburg, at least if I looked correctly I will need one to get to the hotel.

And do people know what the fine is?

Any other hints or tips are welcome as well :slight_smile:

Hey Martin!
An interesting question :smiley: I had to check myself. It seems like you can get one nearby (may be a problem in the weekend) or order it online (strangely it doesn’t offer the Netherlands). The price is 5€. What would you prefer? I’ll be back with further details in a second message.

Since I will leave saturday before 10 I think that every form of delivery will fail to be in time :blush:

If I have to leave two hours earlier to be able to make it somewhere in time I might be able to manage that, I’ll take the rest of the family with me so to get them all in the car on time might be a challenge :wink:

If It could be ordered online and I could pick it of on Saturday or deliver it in the hotel… that might work. Otherwise getting one nearby sounds more realistic.

Okay then. It should be pretty easy to find a TÜV branch somewhere along your tour. Every one offering at least “Technical Inspection” should be fine (each does :slightly_smiling_face:)

https://www.tuev-sued.de/car_vehicles/tuev_sued_service_centre2/overview

As you can see your deadline is Saturday 12:00

Btw. I suspect you checked your car will indeed get the green Umweltplakette? :smile:

I hope its a german brand of less than 2 years old :slight_smile:

I’ll hijack the thread a bit, but it’s kinda related :slight_smile:

Does anyone travel from Stuttgard airport to Ludwigsburg?

Kai told me that the best way to commute is probably the subway:

Lines 2+3 go from the airport to Stuttgart main station and from there you can continue with lines 4+5 to Ludwigsburg.

Here’s the info on ticket prices (one way about €8,5):
http://www.vvs.de/tickets/einzelnefahrtentagestickets/einzelticket-2017/

Do you know any alternatives (just in case)? Does Uber make sense (if available)? :wink:

Looking forward to meet you!

I’d second the subway recommendation. You should also be able to get connection schedules via google maps. Uber is a bit special in Germany and would be more expensive.

1 Like

Guys, have fun talking to each other in person. I’m stuck near London for another month, hoping to be back in the 20th century end of November.

I am not attending, but entering this thread too.

You can find some information about the Emissions stickers here:
https://www.tuev-sued.de/auto_fahrzeuge/feinstaub-plakette/feinstaubplakette_ausland/england

Make sure to bring your vehicle registration (i hope thats the correct translation) with you. :slight_smile:

To obtain your emissions sticker, you will need part I of your vehicle registration certificate (and/or your vehicle registration document). You need not bring the vehicle itself. Emissions stickers cost € 6.— including VAT if you collect the sticker at one of our Service Centers.

Off topic:

Thanks for the word umweltplakete between all those technical threads here. :smiley:
It gave me a short wtf moment while scrolling through the main page.

1 Like

Hope you’ll be back in the 21st century… :wink:

1 Like

Me, too :smile:, so some more off-topic:
Actually since I also bring my family with me, we were looking for places of interest in Ludwigsburg, Stuttgart or around they can visit while I’m busy … actually the best we came up with was the “Mooswand”.

1 Like

My wife is aiming for https://www.tripadvisor.nl/Attraction_Review-g1063545-d6777951-Reviews-Ravensburger_Kinderwelt_Kornwestheim-Kornwestheim_Baden_Wurttemberg.html

And I got my plakette

I was afraid that I would not make it before 12

4 Likes

You might wish to display that with avatar/picture :laughing:

We’re also going by Train from the airport to Ludwigsburg…guess it’s the easiest way…

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone else is arriving by plane on Sunday morning…

But in case that’s your plan too - then FYI I’ll be arriving on Sunday morning at Stuttgart airport (expected 09:05) and I’ll go from the airport to the venue by car.
I travel alone - so I can get 3 more people with me.

So if you want to join me - it will be a pleasure to have a ride together :slight_smile: - please PM me or send me an email (iancho.d at gmail) to arrange where and when to meet.

Greetings from Sofia and looking forward to see you at the event!!