Smart Life integration or binding

Hello all,
is there a way to integrate Smart Life controlled devices into OpenHab 4.x? I noticed that a binding still doesn’t exist and all the threads on the forum are pretty old.

Thanks

Welcome to the community!

We refer to it as the Tuya binding, because that’s the manufacturer. There’s no official binding, but you can install this third-party marketplace:

Then follow these directions to install the Tuya binding and set up a cloud project.

I just stumbled across this

Might make the integration easier…
@J-N-K have you seen this ?

Yes, but this is cloud-control, the SmartHome/J binding is local control. Initially I tried to implement both, but it I didn’t manage to get a reliable status reporting (controlling works fine).

2 Likes

Thanks. I followed the instructions until the creation of the Things but I can’t see them.
This is what I see on the log viewer:

2024-02-17 19:41:31.846 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'tuya.things'

2024-02-17 19:41:31.857 [INFO ] [.thing.internal.GenericThingProvider] - **No ThingHandlerFactory found** for thing tuya:project:myproject (thing-type is tuya:project). Deferring initialization

If I understood well, the project thing has to be created manually (by code). I never created a thing by hand, so this is mine (secrets redacted):

Thing tuya:project:myproject [username="*****", password="******", accessId="******", accessSecret="*****", countryCode="39", schema="smartLife", datacenter="Central Europe Data Center"]

None of it is done with text files. It’s all in the UI. Just add a cloud project and then it will autodiscover your things.

Now I did it, it works as a charm, thank you. I didn’t see the new binding… :woozy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.