Snapshot release dead

Hello,

after I updated my install of OpenHAB 2/Snapshot (online version) with apt-get update/upgrade today, OpenHAB doesn’t run anymore.The log shows the following error:

2017-01-17 09:56:10.604 [WARN ] [raf.features.internal.osgi.Activator] - Error starting activator java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of input at 1:1 at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.JsonReader.error(JsonReader.java:337)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.JsonReader.expected(JsonReader.java:331)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.JsonReader.readValue(JsonReader.java:93)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.JsonReader.parse(JsonReader.java:58)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.JsonReader.read(JsonReader.java:52)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.DigraphHelper.readDigraph(DigraphHelper.java:112)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.region.DigraphHelper.loadDigraph(DigraphHelper.java:70)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.osgi.Activator.doStart(Activator.java:130)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.run(BaseActivator.java:246)[8:org.apache.karaf.features.core:4.0.8] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_111] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_111] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_111] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_111] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_111]

I tried to switch to the beta and changed the repository for apt-get, but I don’t get any updates - probably because the latest snapshot (installed) is more recent than the last beta.

Can I uninstall and reinstall OpenHAB somehow to change to the beta and get it working again, without loosing my existing configuration?

Regards

Hi,

I got the same problem. For me it helped to switch to OH2 b5.

First, remove all content from /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab2.list

Then, add the Beta Repo:
> echo ‘deb http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing main’ | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab2.list

Try to do an update. I guess it won’t work, so you need to make a backup of your OH2 configuration. Follow the steps from http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html “Backup and Restore”. Then delete OH2, re-install (it will take OH2 b5) and maybe you need to restore your backup - for me the config files haven’t been removed.

Good luck :grin:

That shouldn’t be necessary, the snapshots moved repo. See

Note: the testing repo mentioned above contains the newly announced RC1

Excellent, thank you! After I changed the repository, I was indeed offered an update (openhab2-online), and after this I was able to start OpenHAB again. After this, I made the switch to “openhab2”, which also worked fine and also kept my existing config.

Thanks for the help!

Regards

1 Like