Snapshot update Feature install ERROR

• Platform information:
    • openHAB version:
Version:     2.5.1-SNAPSHOT (#7)

User:        openhab (Active Process 2952)
User Groups: openhab tty dialout cdrom floppy sudo audio dip video plugdev netdev

Directories: Folder Name      | Path                        | User:Group
             -----------      | ----                        | ----------
             OPENHAB_HOME     | /usr/share/openhab2         | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_RUNTIME  | /usr/share/openhab2/runtime | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_USERDATA | /var/lib/openhab2           | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_CONF     | /etc/openhab2               | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_LOGDIR   | /var/log/openhab2           | openhab:openhab
             OPENHAB_BACKUPS  | /var/lib/openhab2/backups   | openhab:openhab

ISSUE AFTER SNAPSHOT UPDATE
I just update to the latest snapshot. However, OpenHAB is now not starting completely, giving errors in the logfile:

2020-01-04 15:24:55.989 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-binding-darksky, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-denonmarantz, openhab-action-prowl, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-rfxcom, openhab-ui-classic, openhab-binding-caldav-personal1, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-binding-lgtv1, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-urtsi, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mariadb, openhab-binding-spotify, openhab-binding-weather1, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-binding-zwave, openhab-misc-gcal1, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-astro': Error:
        Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.osgiify/io.socket.socket.io-client/1.0.0
        Error downloading mvn:org.openhab.osgiify/io.socket.engine.io-client/1.0.0

I have had no issues with snapshot updates before. Only today, after installing the latest snapshot, the ‘FeatureInstaller’ Error occurs.

Not sure how to solve this correctly?

Help appreciated (since my OpenHAB is not running anymore :wink: )
/Jasper

You saw the Kai’s announcement, right? They are handling addons differently so they can be updated separately.

Issues found in snapshots need to be reported in GitHub for the developers to resolve. Many of them are not here.

No I missed the announcement I’m afraid.
I’m trying to rollback, but that does not seem to work either atm…

Just a guess, but you may need to install openhab2-addons too.

Will give it a try…but was this mentioned? Cause I’m using the regular snapshot update routine…

They are breaking addons out into a separate kar file and that package already existed for offline installations.
That is just a guess, though.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try @Bruce_Osborne
will let you know in a bit…

You saved the day again @Bruce_Osborne

It was the missing addons.

• downloaded the addons
  • upgraded to latest snapshot again
  • restarted openhab
  • done!

I was going to try it sometime but you beat me to it.

1 Like

Hi @JdeJong,

Thanks for the report! While @Bruce_Osborne’s suggestion indeed solves the issue, the openhab2-addons package is mainly meant as an optional feature for people that prefer to download everything in advance instead of relying on a remote repository. It isn’t mandatory or preferred to use at all, so what you have discovered was indeed a bug.

The bug was in the configuration of our Artifactory server, which hosts the remote (snapshot) repo. I have fixed this now and successfully tested it. It should thus work for you again, even without using the addons package!

1 Like

Thanks, @Kai
Are the 2.5.1 snapshot binding jar files supposed to be on jfrog.io?
The latest zwave file I see there was December 31 and Jenkins shows later builds.

Hi @Kai,

Thank you for the reply. I was indeed strange since I never used to download the addons. However, it did solve it for the moment.
I’ll do a test tomorrow again as well.

Again, thank you for replying!
/Jasper

1 Like