Snapshots go catatonic quickly

Platform R-Pi 2 with RaZBerry board, zWay binding with zWay openHab plugin providing callbacks, Using Oracle Java 8 build 152

Sorry, couldn’t find a relevant topic for the snapshots. But given 2.2 is just around the corner, I thought I’d try it out and see if it improved ay of the issues I’ve had with 2.1 and zWave devices.

But it’s been really unstable for me. It doesn’t crash. Although I do see lots of exceptions in the logs. Especially at startup.

What I go get is the openHab REST interface (And possibly other bits) appear to go almost completely catatonic for updates. Interfaces like HABpanel continue to run, but no updates are presented. Rules fire and claim to sendCommand etc, but nothing gets delivered down to the zWay interface. At the same time the zWay openHab plugin gets errors when trying to PUT the updates to openHab.

2.1.0 used to do this a little bit. i.e. I had it once or twice in a week. but 2.2.0 (Depdnign on the snapshot) failures between once a day and (At wort) after only a few minutes of running.

Anyone else experienced this? I’ve not seen anyone posting about it, although have seen a few notifying that snapshots work fine for them.

Hi @travellingkiwi,

Would you be able to provide us with your log entries so we can see what’s going on?

Hi @Benjy. Sure. I can’t see a lot in there that gives me much info, the only errors are Java exceptions (Mostly at startup and where HABmin has created invalid rules from it’s blockly builder)

Where would you like them?

H

Just a couple of log entries by copy pasting them here would be fine. e.g. by posting:

```text
<paste here>
```

That way, if other people recognise the same errors we might be able to narrow down what’s causing it. There might also be a couple of things we can suggest configuration side to see if helps improve the problem.

Well… Usually (i.e. at ~0700 this morning) there were no errors logged… It just doesn’t manage to do anything…

edited: The errors I did have here happen when you update the openHab package while it’s running…

At startup I get exceptions like

2017-12-17 14:37:53.591 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.scr                ] - Circular reference detected trying to get service {org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.script.ScriptExtensionProvider}={component.name=org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.media.internal.MediaScriptScopeProvider, component.id=167, service.id=289, service.bundleid=205, service.scope=bundle}
 stack of references: ServiceReference: {org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.script.ScriptExtensionProvider}={component.name=org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.media.internal.MediaScriptScopeProvider, component.id=167, service.id=289, service.bundleid=205, service.scope=bundle}
ServiceReference: {org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.script.internal.ScriptExtensionManager}={component.name=org.eclipse.smarthome.automation.module.script.internal.ScriptExtensionManager, component.id=170, service.id=292, service.bundleid=206, service.scope=bundle}

java.lang.Exception: stack trace
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ComponentRegistry.enterCreate(ComponentRegistry.java:510) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.enterCreate(BundleComponentActivator.java:809) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:817) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse$1.run(ServiceFactoryUse.java:212) [?:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.factoryGetService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:210) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.getService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:111) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceConsumer$2.getService(ServiceConsumer.java:45) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:496) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:461) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:619) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleRefPair.getServiceObject(SingleRefPair.java:72) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.BindMethod.getServiceObject(BindMethod.java:651) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.getServiceObject(DependencyManager.java:2201) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.prebind(DependencyManager.java:403) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.prebind(DependencyManager.java:1520) [42:org.apache.felix.scr:2.0.12]

H

FWIW the latest snapshot from last night (20171217) is almost the same. It works for a while, then events stop being propagated into rules being actioned on item changes. Rules from cron are still firing. But openhab itself just seems to be doing nothing… No feedback on the HABpanel from switches… And the zway REST updates are still getting back 200 OK…

openHAB just doesn’t seem to want to do anything.

I’ve discounted the zWay binding… I thought it might have something to do with it. So removed it and went to the Serial zWave binding. Same thing. Catatonic over night. Still running rules. No error. It just doesn’t do anything