Solaredge binding fails after some time

Hi all!

I’m running openHAB 4.1.1 but it was also before the update.

Since some time, my SolarEdge binding gives an error after some time. The time period is not constant, it just happens.
Can anyone point me to the logs (newbie here) where I could find the reason? I have a 15 min polling setup which is the max you can have according to the SolarEdge API docs.

Thanks!

BB
Peter

I’ve been running the SolarEdge binding for many years (including now on 4.1.1) and not seen this behavior.

What is the error?

Where exactly the log files are can vary based on how you have installed your system.

But you want to look in the openhab.log file. If there’s not enough information there, you can set the leg level of the binding to give even more information by going to the binding in SetingsAdd-on Settings and selecting debug in the log level dropdown box.

Hi @JustinG !
Thank you for your reply.
I did look into the openhab.log file but nothing was shown there. So I took a look at the archived logs and there I thought I found a possible culprit.

Every morning, around 5 AM, I automatically reboot my router. This has been like this since years.

Around that time, I see the logical error lines in the logs that services can’t be reached. Where most add-ons just recover from this, I think the solaredge binding does not. However, events are still being logged. So for some reason I see this then:

BB
Peter

I just rebooted my router yesterday after a firmware update and the binding reconnected just fine along with all my others, so I’m not sure this is the whole story. Are you using the experimental private API or the basic API settings?

Hi @JustinG !
I am using the basic API.
And last night my router did not reboot and all was well. And just to check, I also did a reboot just now and all was still well.
Maybe it has to do something with the fact that the reboot is at 5 AM exact, a moment where (every hour) I get a status and values from the API.
Or it has nothing to do with the reboot and I must look elsewhere :wink:

BB
Peter

One test doesn’t disprove the reboot hypothesis, but it does add a strange data point. It could be that there’s some order of things coming back online after a router reboot that causes the issue or something complex like that.

I guess the next question is why do you reboot your router like that and is it really necessary? Maybe you can just stop the regular reboot and alleviate the issue that way.

The reboot is indeed not needed maybe. I’ll try without. My router is a Synology RT2600 and in the beginning is had many problems choking up. And then a reboot was needed. And so as to not disturb our homeoffice, I did a daily reboot.
But that was some firmware updates ago… :slight_smile:
BB
Peter