SolarEdgeBinding - receiving API data

This is a bit off-topic because I have received a new answer from the Solar Edge Support team regarding inconsistent behaviour of data receiving from the API and field “solaredge:generic:se2200:aggregate_year#production” specific.

For argument sake everything looks to be working fine on the OpenHAB side (and I want to thank @AlexF for making this possible). Just wondering if other users are experiencing the same issues with the API data.

What is the problem? This data should normally slowly increase over time. I see sometimes sudden increases (which cannot be explained by the sun). Those increases are later corrected (see picture).

F.y.i. the data is stored in a Influx database (strategy = everyChange).

The following answer I received from the Solar Edge Support team:
BTW so an earlier answer from the SolarEdge support team was incorrect and now they duck.

Quote:

Waarom er een verschil zit is moeilijk uit te leggen voor ons, wij zijn geen ICT technische bedrijf.
Het dunkt mij dat het kan komen door de derde partij software die hiervoor gebruikt wordt om onze API-codering uit te lezen, maar dat kan ik niet met zekerheid zeggen.

API is iets wat voor de eigenaren en installateurs gratis aangemaakt is, waardoor wij moeilijk hiervoor ondersteuning in kunnen aanbieden.

Zie hieronder onze voorwaarden waarin ook vermeldt wordt dat wij hierin geen ondersteuning in aan kunnen bieden, puur omdat er teveel variabelen zijn waar wij simpelweg geen rekening mee kunnen houden (derde partij software):
http://www.solaredge.com/files/pdfs/api_license_terms_and_conditions_aug2013.pdf

Ik heb voor de zekerheid de systeem nagekeken en uitgelezen, de data in correspondentie met onze server is synchroom, dus hier ligt het niet aan. Mijn excuses dat ik u hierin niet kan helpen.

Sorry for this Dutch answer but they just say they are not responsible how third party software is retrieving the data with API.

I have the following question: does anyone experience this behaviour too?

Is this correct?

1 Like

@Udo_Hartmann yes this is a correct translation ignoring minor grammar errors. Thanks, I should have thought of it myself).

Hi @WJ4IoT

I also quite often face the situation that the API is somehow “stuck” and does not offer the most recent data. This results in responding the “last known” values instead.
The same could be observed on the website / Mobile App so this is not a binding issue.

I even had the situation that API returned wrong data (too high monthly aggregate production) which was later on fixed so the graph dropped again. This behaviour was also visible in tha mobile app and website as well.

If I understood correctly this can happen when the upload (from inverter to SolarEdge servers) fails, a weak Wifi connection can cause this problem. Because the inverter has a buffer (if I am well informed) it will resend the data again when reconnected.

I even had the situation that API returned wrong data (too high monthly aggregate production) which was later on fixed so the graph dropped again. This behaviour was also visible in tha mobile app and website as well.

Thank you for the confirmation of my problem and in my opinion wrongly addressed as a third party software (=binding) issue by SolarEdge. I love to go back to the SolarEdge support team with website / Mobile App details where on a day results changed from 15 kWh to 8 kWh so they can not turn away this anymore as a third party software issue.

To emphasis again I think the binding is working perfectly