[SOLVED] Another usb-port config problem with z-stick Habian snapshot 2.5

Hi there,
I did something stupid and I hope you guys can help me out. I have just too little time at this moment but I got my new toy in and wanted to give it a try, but now my zwave-network is off line.
So what I have is Debian Stretch on a laptop, and Habian.
I have two usb-devices: DutchSmartEnergyMeter, and z-wave.
Some time ago, for some reason I updated to snapshot 2.5openHAB 2.5.0 (now on Build #1596)
Yesterday evening I got my new device: NeoCoolcam door sensor.
I tried including but it wouldn’t include.
After some reading I found there are people having problems including with the new 2.5 snapshot, stating they have to reboot to get the content of the inbox seen. So I tried to reboot. From that moment my z-stick is configured on the wrong port (/dev/ttyUSB0) while it should be on /dev/ttyACM0 .
I cannot change the setting in PaperUI, it is stuck on USB0.
I remember having this issue before, but I thing some update of Habian solved it for me.
I tried reverting back to the stable 2.4 but when I ask openhabian-config to do that, it stops with an error:

E: Packages were downgraded and -y was used without --allow-downgrades.
FAILED (apt)

I tryed edditing the file /etc/default/openhab2 and edding the usb-ports that I use. But now when I reboot I see this error:

-bash: /etc/default/openhab2: line 35: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
-bash: /etc/default/openhab2: line 64: syntax error: unexpected end of file

When I remove what I think I added, I keep getting the same error!
And I tried adding user ‘habian’ to dialout and tty, but it is already in those goups.

I also tried adding this package:

sudo apt-get install liblockdev

But I get this error:

E: Unable to locate package liblockdev

Conclusion: I am making things worse trying to solve this on my own, and I am in big trouble with the WAF. She is having a shower in the dark now…

I hope you can help me!

Using the snapshots and multiple bindings using serial ports (zwave and zigbee), I found I needed to add my serial ports to EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS in order for them to display in the dropdown, even though they have standard naming. Before I did this, the first binding’s serial port would be the only one in the list. More detail…

Thanks for your reply 5iver.
I currently have this in my file: /etc/default/openhab2:

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms250m -Xmx350m"

I tried this, but I’m not sure it is the right way:

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms250m -Xmx350m -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyACM0"

It didn’t work, but is it wrong or is my problem something else?

I now tried this:

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms250m -Xmx350m -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyACM0"

so leaving out the part: -Xms250m -Xmx350m which was there orriginally.
The error about /etc/default/openhab2 is gone. And I finally can set the usb-port! Nice.
But unfortunately the rest of my z-wave devices do not come on-line anymore.

UPDATE: I was too fast, I have now all new things in my Inbox, while the old versions are still there. I will delete them and see what is going to happen. (and report back)

All my nodes came back on line but with a different name!
I remembered this happened to me before and someone suggested deleting the z-stick, and getting it from the inbox again but renaiming. This I did and all is working again!
Thank you very much!

One question remains: do I not need the ‘-Xms250m -Xmx350m’ that was in my EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS before?

Dear all,
My main problem as described above is solved. But the zwave-device-nodes that were there with the wrong names, are still there. I tried deleting them but this does not happen. Then I disabled them and now my zwave network is reacting a lot quicker. But I really would like these phantom-nodes to disappear.
I tried clearing cache with:

sudo /bin/systemctl stop openhab2.service
sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
sudo /bin/systemctl start openhab2.service
But they are still there.
Also I managed to downgrade to OH2.4.0.1 again. But the nodes can still not e deleted.
What can I do to remove these non-existing z-wave nodes?

Could you post a screen shot. I’m not sure what you mean by the wrong names. It sounds like you added another controller with a different ThingID than before, so new Things were created or your devices. What error do you get in the log when you try to delete them?

Yes, I did delete my Z-stick because for some reason the name changed and I had to change the name of all my Things. So I deleted the Z-stick, re-entered it while changing the name.

When I again try to remove node 32, paperUI gives me a warring:

The thing is currently in the reviving state and the binding had not yet confirmed that the device had been removed successfully.
If you now click on remove, it will be removed without further communication to the binding.

But this never happens.
There is no error in my log.
Omg, it DOES remove the thing now!

I don’t understand why it didn’t before, but it’s working now. Thanks for making me try one more time!

About the Java-settings: I just tried this and it seems to work.

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms500m -Xmx1G -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyACM0"

I have no idea why I had so much trouble the other day, and now all seems to go fine. Thank you for being so patient with me @5iver!